Bermuda: Thanks for hotel help! We're booked

Old Jun 24th, 2010, 06:03 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bermuda: Thanks for hotel help! We're booked

To everyone who helped me as I went back and forth on the decision, thank you very much!! We decided to go with Pompano Beach, since it had a great Fall package offer and looks like it suits my husband's wish to be right on the beach. Will post again when we return!! AGAIN, a zillion thanks!
Old Jun 24th, 2010, 11:18 AM

Yeahh!! Now, we can start with all the little details!!!
Old Jun 24th, 2010, 11:40 AM
Original Poster

txgirlinbda,

Please do!! Very interested in beautiful walks, best beaches. We have seen Horseshoe from previous visit, but what about Elbow Beach or others? Thanks for any suggestions!
Old Jun 27th, 2010, 02:47 PM

If you are on the bus, have the bus driver drop you at Warwick Long Bay Playground. There are numerous little paths down the hill to the beach. From there, head to the right and you can walk over a mile of beaches and paths through National Park lands all the way to Horseshoe Bay. Other than primitive toilets at the parking lots on the various little beaches, you won't see a single concession stand or amenity. Take plenty of water. I suggest heading in this direction, because you end up at Horseshoe, where you can take advantage of the facilities and wash the sand off before you catch the bus or a cab.
The Somerset leg of Railway Trail is nice. Clearwater beach in St.David's is nice, with the added benefit of some parkland to explore as well. The bus goes out there.
In town, check out Ft. Hamilton - as you cross the bridge in to the park, look to the left and down - as soon as you enter the park, make a left and find the stariway down - you'll find a tropical-plant filled moat that goes all the way around the park. No one every bothers to go there, so you'll have the place to yourself. (If you're feeling indulgent, have a cab drop you off and make arrangements to get picked up in an hour.)
Old Jun 28th, 2010, 03:46 AM
Original Poster

txgirlinbda,

Thank you so much for the great tips! I could be wrong, but is Horsehoe Bay the beach that is next to the private beach at the Fairmont Southampton?
Old Jun 28th, 2010, 03:59 AM

You are right, Weadles. That's it. Beautiful beaches, great views, I hope you have just the holiday you are dreaming of in Bermuda. Safe travels.
Old Jun 28th, 2010, 06:11 PM
Original Poster

Thank you, cmcfong! Really looking forward to it!