Bermuda NOW

Jun 19th, 2010, 08:05 PM
Original Poster

Bermuda NOW

Arriving mid July. Haven't been in 20 years. Staying at Coral Beach. Want to chill and eat well. I'm 100% not up to date. In fact, just learned today that Triminghams is closed. So, what do I need to know about good shopping, fine dining and late night action?
Jun 20th, 2010, 04:23 AM

Brace yourself, there's been quite a bit of change and Trimingham's isn't all that's gone.
There are several threads on this site (click on Bermuda) about restaurants, etc. so I will give you just a few suggestions. My favorites are Beau Rivage, Ascots, Splendido, Fourways and Blu. For shopping I like Cecile, the Irish Linen Shop, Island Shop,and Bluck's. Sorry, I can't help at all on nightlife.
It is still my favorite place on the planet. I hope you have a wonderful time. Would you mind sharing how you arranged your stay at Coral Beach?
Jun 21st, 2010, 06:44 PM
Original Poster

Coral Beach has been sold to Four Seasons. I'm going for one last visit. It was arranged through friends. I remember Fourways from back in the day. Ditto Irish Linen Shop and Bluck's. Nightlife is interesting but not essential. I hope the Newport Room is still open and good.
Jun 22nd, 2010, 03:09 AM

Thanks, it is a beautiful property. I used to stay at Waterloo which had exchange privileges there. Wonderful beach.

I have not eaten at the Newport Room in many years. Sorry, I am no help on that.

Enjoy your trip!
Jun 23rd, 2010, 12:44 PM

Thanks to cmcfong. I am looking for advice, too, and appreciate your recommendations.

We've stayed in Bermuda off and on through the years -- yes, the loss of Trimmingham's was a blow. Brace yourself -- WAterloo house is no more. While that was not my favorite place to stay (the rooms were uneven,) we really miss the outdoor patio dining room.

We also stayed at Horizons a few times, and understand that has gone B & B while the Four SEasons and investors figure out what to do for the development (as always, with the approval of planning boards, etc.) However, the restaurant Splendido continues to get good reviews.