Search

Bermuda

Search this Thread

Old May 1st, 1998, 02:43 PM
Krystyna

Bermuda

Does anyone have suggestions on what to see and do in Bermuda? What about snorkeling?

Old May 3rd, 1998, 04:41 AM
Debbie

I heard that Tobacco Bay Beach (St. George) is one of the best places to snorkle, you can rent the equipment there. Also, Horseshoe Bay Beach, I've heard it's one of the prettiest beaches in Bermuda, and they have rentals too. Horseshoe Bay is located in Southampton.

I'll be cruising to Bermuda, first time there, in July. I just purchased Fodor's Bermuda 98 book for
$14.50. Unbelievable reference guide. It has information about all the beaches, sports, nightlife, sightseeing, getting around in Bermuda, restaurants with price ranges, shopping and so much more. I strongly urge you to get this book.

Enjoy your vacation.

Old May 3rd, 1998, 01:27 PM
Krystyna

HI Debbie

Thanks for writing back to me. My husband and I are also thinking of
cruising to Bermuda in July for a 5th wedding anniversary. Our choice
is between two NCL ships-the Majesty and the Crown. Have you heard
anything about either? What cruise are you taking to Bermuda?

Thanks,

Krystyna

Old May 4th, 1998, 06:47 PM
Debbie

Hi, I'll be cruising on the Majesty on July 26th. I chose the Majesty because it sails from my hometown of Boston and I hate to fly. I've been checking cruise reviews all over, but can't find too much info since NCL took over the Majesty. I found a couple of reviews on "www.cruiseopinion.com".
I have some friends going on the Majesty the end of this month. I can let you know what they think, if it's not too late for you to make a choice.
I haven't heard anything about the Crown.

Good luck and enjoy your honeymoon.

Old May 4th, 1998, 06:50 PM
Debbie

I meant to say enjoy your anniversary.

Old May 5th, 1998, 04:10 PM
Laura

Debbie - I noticed that you've got AOL. Have you gone into their Bermuda message board? It's a great place to get information and opinions about anything in Bermuda including cruises to Bermuda. If you have trouble finding it, let me know. I have it as one of my "favorite places" and can e-mail the site to you. Good luck with your vacation plans -- you will have a wonderful time!

Old May 5th, 1998, 06:10 PM
Debbie

Yes, I actually have a posting there. I actually received a couple of responses and I keep checking the other postings. I like that site too and have been checking it often. From everything I've been reading, I think I'll love. Have you been? If so, any suggestions. Thanks for your response - I appreciate it.

Old May 6th, 1998, 08:54 AM
Jill

We are looking into the Majesty for next year as we live in Southern NH. If you find any info or if you can e-mail me after you get back it would be appreciated. We will be traveling with an 11 yr old boy so the kids program is very important. Also, anyone done this trip in April - what is the weather.

Old May 8th, 1998, 12:00 PM
Laura

Debbie - Yes, my husband and I have been to Bermuda three times -- the latest trip was last July. There is no doubt about it -- you will love this island and if you are like most people, you will want to return again and again. Don't hesitate to e-mail any specific questions that you might have!

Old May 11th, 1998, 05:58 PM
Allan Powell

I have traveled the Majesty three times and it is top notch. I highly recommend it.
For snorkelling Fort St. Catherines point is by far the best in St. George other than that try Church Bay the best in Bermuda.
Wharf Tavern has great live music with open mic every Thursday and Freddies is PATRIOTS heaven I got tickets given to me by the owner.
Enjoy I'm going back in September