Bellavista Anguilla

Jan 26th, 2009, 10:44 AM
Original Poster

Bellavista Anguilla

Hi there -
I have a trip to Anguilla scheduled this May, and as I booked on miles last summer I was planning to splurge on Cap Juluca. However, their new rate structure has their summer rates beginning in June vs May, AND I got layed off at work in October. While I have many exciting job prospects and am confident I'll be working soon, I'm afraid I can't rationalize the splurge on CJ (and my husband doesn't think its smart to use my severance check for luxury resorts, boo). I've researched many of the moderately priced hotels I've seen on tripadvisor and mentioned here, and I just can't get excited about any. I do find this villa intriguing though...does anyone have any comments regarding the location? Its just two of us going, so we'd be interested in the pool suite. I'd appreciate any advice or opinions on this place. Thanks so much!

http://www.bellavista-anguilla.com/index2.php

Jan 26th, 2009, 12:25 PM

Check out this thread: http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic...-Anguilla.html

It also has had a scathing review on the Anguilla Forum.

Have you looked at villas on www.mycaribbean.com --
Jan 26th, 2009, 12:56 PM

Last night I saw that La Sirena was being offered at SkyAuction.com. It's not directly on the beach, but the upper units do have an ocean view, I believe. It looks charming and you could get a really great rate on it. I don't think the last auction for La Sirena had a bidder, so theoretically you could get it for $33/night, which is the $1 nightly rate plus $32 in taxes and fees nightly.

Ku was being offered on Luxurylink.com last night, and that might fit your budget as well.

Good luck! I've been trawling the auction sites looking for something appealing and affordable for our summer vacation, too.
Jan 28th, 2009, 06:50 AM

I recall seeing this apartment building on one of our drives, and it's in a pretty good location.

Most of the larger villas on Anguilla offer special rates for one bedroom, and there are some beautiful choices, many with private pool. My Caribbean is a good place to start; you can also check with Island Dream Properties and vrbo.com probablyu has some owner-direct listings.
Feb 24th, 2009, 11:07 AM

I am very familiar with Bella Vista, I have been to Anguilla 5 times and stayed at Bellavista all 5 times.
I have considered some of the other resorts and villas but stayed with Bella Vista because

I find the accommodations very comfortable, beautifully decorated and the view spectacular.

I met the owner from Toronto and she was most accommodating and hospitable - each unit is pre-stocked with starter goodies in the fridge.

I have stayed in the pool house as well as the 2nd and 3rd floor apartments.

I like the fact that it is centrally located and an easy drive to any of the beaches or restaurants.

I also like the fact that all of the units are equipped with kitchens and there is a barbeque by the pool as well. So I can choose to stay in and cook if I don't feel like going out for dinner.