Search

beaches in Punta Cana

Search this Thread

Old May 18th, 2005, 02:31 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
beaches in Punta Cana

Anyone know about them. I was told the beaches at Secrets Excellence is extremely rough and we would never be able to get in the water.
Old May 18th, 2005, 02:44 PM

I went to Punta Cana a few years ago and did not find it difficult to swim in the ocean. That being said we stayed at sunscape, not Secrets.
Old May 18th, 2005, 04:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I stayed at Secrets last June and was in the ocean every day with no problems what so ever. It was a little too rough for snorkeling, but great for enjoying the ocean.
Old May 19th, 2005, 07:28 AM

jewalsac,
I've been to SEPC twice (Jan 2004 & just got back Tues from our 2nd time). In Jan 2004 the water was fairly rough, but seemed to calm down in the afternoons -- the red flag was replaced by the yellow flag many times. There were lots of ppl in the ocean then. This time, we got rain every day (May 9 -17) & the water was pretty rough the whole time. I don't think the yellow flags came out at all & I didn't see nearly as many ppl in the ocean.

The actual beach itself is gorgeous, w/ palm trees all along it. You can walk in both directions for a long time. Secrets is actually not technically considered Punta Cana; it's on the Uvero Alto beach.

Jackie

Old May 19th, 2005, 07:29 AM

jewalsac,
I've been to SEPC twice (Jan 2004 & just got back Tues from our 2nd time). In Jan 2004 the water was fairly rough, but seemed to calm down in the afternoons -- the red flag was replaced by the yellow flag many times. There were lots of ppl in the ocean then. This time, we got rain every day (May 9 -17) & the water was pretty rough the whole time. I don't think the yellow flags came out at all & I didn't see nearly as many ppl in the ocean.

The actual beach itself is gorgeous, w/ palm trees all along it. You can walk in both directions for a long time. Secrets is actually not technically considered Punta Cana; it's on the Uvero Alto beach.

Jackie

Old May 27th, 2005, 05:26 PM

Just got back from Secrets May 21st. The resort is amazing and has one of the best beaches bar none. Water has rolling 1 ft. waves and there is aneat little area on the right hand of the resort that is good for snorkeling. Red flags are always out and this only means there are no official lifeguards on duty.