Barbados Virgin

Jul 4th, 2006, 08:45 AM
Original Poster

Barbados Virgin

Never been before staying in Holetown next Feb/March for 3 weeks.

What are the must see must do things.

Can anybody recommend a restraunt.

I hear there is a good one in Bridgetown where they play jazz, but my informant could not remember the name.
Jul 4th, 2006, 07:05 PM

john,
lois is a barbados expert in my book and has tons of info on the island. Here is a post from her. You can type in lois in the search area and click on Barbados and you will get some of her posts. Hope this helps.
Author: Lois
Date: 10/09/2005, 09:23 am
Just back from 2 fantastic weeks on our favorite island. Lots of new tips to share. I will be updating them shortly. If you would like to receive the newest updated Barbados Insider Tips, please write me at [email protected] and as soon as I complete them I will send them out.

In the meantime, if you have specific questions, you may also write me at the same e-mail and I will reply.

Regards to all.

Lois

Jul 5th, 2006, 05:18 AM

The restaurant you may be looking for is:

Waterfront Café is attractive for its location, overlooking the Careenage in Bridgetown, bustling with boats and shoppers. Dine indoors and admire the contemporary art, or sit at one of the small tables outside and enjoy the juxtaposition of the hustle and bustle against the calm serenity of the Careenage waters. The creative lunch menu offers a selection of salads, soups, seafood and sandwiches. Dinner is mostly continental and has a decided emphasis on fresh seafood. There is a full bar and live music nightly including steelpan and jazz.
Jul 5th, 2006, 05:26 AM

Is the Carriage House still open?
Jul 5th, 2006, 01:31 PM
Original Poster

Waterfront Cafe do I need to book a table in advance ?
Oct 29th, 2006, 02:39 PM
Original Poster

I will assume that I can book a table at a few days notice at the absence of any other advice.
Nov 1st, 2006, 08:39 AM

We were there in March of 2005 and ate at the Waterfront without reservations and no problem. Enjoy!!!
Mar 9th, 2007, 06:41 AM
Original Poster

We went to the Waterfront twice, it is a great Location with good Jazz, it is necessary to book in advance several weeks ahead on a thursday when they have a traditional Jazz big Band.
But it was almost empty on Saturday Night when they have a small group playing what they describe as cool Jazz, the atmisophere was better on the thursday the jazz was better on the Saturday.
Mar 9th, 2007, 07:59 AM

We just came back from Barbados three weeks ago. It is a spectacular island as it is very rich in culture. There is so much to see and do. It still has some unspoiled land. If you don't rent a car, make sure you do a sightseeing tour with a taxi driver. It helped us get an idea of where everything was on the island. I can recommend someone to you that was outstanding, if you like. We enjoyed wandering around North Pointe. Breathtaking views of the ocean. It is a windy island and we probably would have preferred a little less, but it was ok.
We ate at a restaurant in Holetown that was a feast for the eyes, Angry Annie's, just a couple of places down from the main road. Excellent chicken prepared with a special flair.
Your trip to Barbados is going to be an experience like no other. Enjoy!
Mar 13th, 2007, 11:13 PM
Original Poster

Angry Annies was indeed a feast for the eyes, the decor is different.

The food is quite good, our meal there was completly ruined by the people on the nearest two tables to us chain smoking all the time we were in the restraunt as did the owner of the restraunt.
Mar 14th, 2007, 03:34 AM

Patisserie Flindt is excellent!

Peace
May 14th, 2007, 07:02 AM
Original Poster

I agree about the Patisserie
May 14th, 2007, 06:25 PM

Carambola and the Cliff