Barbados Tips - New Updates

Jan 10th, 2011, 06:49 AM
Original Poster

Barbados Tips - New Updates

Traveled to Barbados the end of October and have updated my tips to include lots of new photos and updates. Check it out at: www.barbadostips.com
Jan 10th, 2011, 07:03 AM

thanks lois. i regularly refer people to your page
Jan 10th, 2011, 11:37 AM

Thanks, Lois! Just in time! We're going to Palm Island in a little less than a month and then we're going to Barbados. Wondering if you have any thoughts on Wispers on the Bay or Paulo's Churrasco de Brasil? TIA.
Jan 11th, 2011, 11:08 AM
Original Poster

Wispers on the Bay is good. This last visit we did not go there, however, as I did not think their quality was as good as it should be. The setting is gorgeous.

We did enjoy Champers as usual, and also really enjoyed the new restaurant, Naru. It's all small plates, so we ordered lots of stuff and both sampled it all. It was fun and good. It's not on the water, but most evenings there is a waterfall they can seat you near. Supposed to open some sushi areas soon as well.

We have not been to Paulo's Churassco. We have that type of thing in the Washington, DC area and I'm not that wild about it. But I think lots of people enjoy it.
Jan 12th, 2011, 06:39 AM

Thanks Lois! We have followed all of your tips on each of our trips to Barbados and we've never been dissatisfied. Champers is absolutely staying on our list. Love that place!
Jan 13th, 2011, 02:43 AM

Hi Lois, love your site. Thanks for posting about Naru. I can't wait to check it out.

Jan 13th, 2011, 05:18 AM

We will be coming to Barbados, St kitts, St Maarten and Dominica on a cruise ship and like to do some tours not the ones from the ship. I normally arrange for my own. Does any one have a good idea for a beach that is not to far from the ship dock. I have been to Barbados. before and did the long tour, gardens, mine and such. we did domiica before as well and seen the rain forest and the long drive. This time we want to kick back some what.
LE
Jan 14th, 2011, 03:31 AM
Original Poster

Carlisle Bay (south coast) is not far from the cruise terminal. It's a gorgeous bay, and you can even swim out to where some sunken ships are and thousands of fish and turtles too. I saw lots of turtles in the shallow water as well.

Another beach we love, but a bit farther cab ride, is Mullins Beach. This is on the west coast. There's a nice beach bar restaurant there, water sports activities are available, and chair rental there too.