Search

Barbados Insider Tips from Lois

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15th, 2005, 05:38 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Barbados Insider Tips from Lois

Hi everyone,

I just wanted you to know that I've put together some extensive tips on Barbados -- covers everything. No cost involved.

My husband and I have been traveling to Barbados since 1986 and truly love the island. I'm just trying to help others enjoy it too. My tips tell you "what's hot and what's not" - it can help you enjoy the best without the mistakes we've made over the years. I tell it honestly and people usually tell me I'm right on with my comments.

If you would like to receive my tips, please write me at:
[email protected]
and I will send them out to you. Also, once you've reviewed them, if you have questions, please feel free to write me back.

Happy travels,

Lois
Old Feb 15th, 2005, 09:35 AM

Thank you so very mcuh Lois! I made all reservations at some of the restaurants you suggested. (I also mentioned your name and they all said what a great customer you are!) You're report is fabulous! Thanks again! We are looking forward to our trip.

Eileen
Old Feb 16th, 2005, 03:01 AM
Original Poster

Eileen - if you have a moment after you return, please write me with your comments. Glad you got all of the reservations you wanted. I know you won't be disappointed.

Regards, Lois
Old Feb 24th, 2005, 07:58 AM

Lois - I've just returned from Barbados and it was as fabulous as ever! We stayed at the Bougainvillea resort for the 3rd yr. in a row and it was excellent. Rooms not tired at all. Very friendly staff. They have bought the land next door and will be adding 25 new rooms, so people will need to keep an eye on when the construction starts as it may be pretty disruptive (the hotel wasn't sure of a start date.) We had fantastic dinners at Oceans, Calabaza, Restaurant at Southseas, Opa, Belinnis, and of course our favourite - the Oistins Fish Fry. It looks like the new owners have not taken over at Picses yet, as our friends had a very disappointing dinner there and the menu did not look new to us. If anyone has any questions, please respond and I'll get back to you.
Old Feb 26th, 2005, 10:50 AM

Hi Lois,
This is our first time at Barbados and we are thinking of staying at Casuarina Beach Club is there any rooms that I need to stay away from? We are also staying at Little arches.
Thanks, Pam
Old Feb 28th, 2005, 04:25 AM
Original Poster

I'm not that familiar with Casuarina to offer any room tips. At Little Arches we had room #10 and it was fantastic.

Lois