Search

ejcrowe

Search this Thread

Old May 13th, 2006, 04:56 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ejcrowe

Dear ejcrowe,

I went to Long Bay partially on your recommendation. This forum is so helpful when planning a trip. What are your suggestions for Barbados? I just bought my tickets! Thanks for your Long Bay information, it was a fabulous vacation.
Old May 14th, 2006, 06:36 AM

caribbeandawn, it's always so gratifying to read that one's enthusiasm and recommendations translate well into another person's good experience with a place, so thank you for posting that. Did you stay in a room or cottage at Long Bay? Did you do a trip report anywhere? I'd love to read it.

I've only stayed in Barbados once. It was in August of 2002 and we stayed at Cobblers Cove because we won a great auction deal on it. It was a short stay because my husband and I couldn't get a lot of time off, and it was somewhat spur of the moment--planned only about one month ahead. We both enjoyed Cobblers very much at the time, though we agreed we wouldn't have been nearly as happy had we paid full price for it. The atmosphere was romantic, the food there was really terrific, the rooms had one of the best set-ups I've ever experienced, and the beach was beautiful. Since we were only there for 4 nights, it was mostly a beach bum vacation for us--we left the resort to dine out and for a very brief island tour, but not much else.

If I were going back to Barbados, I would probably again choose to stay along the west coast, but that's because I like quiet more than I like the convenience of lots of nightlife and dining options. I'm not really the person to ask, however. Lois is the local expert on this board and she has a large Tip Sheet for the island that she'll send you via email. That being said, there's a place that Scubamom wrote about that is called (I think) Villa Nova that looks very inviting and is more like a small guest house than anything else--I'm using Barbados as a gateway to the Grenadines for my next big trip and it's a place I would strongly consider for an overnight on Barbados. Wherever you choose, I look forward to hearing about it!
Old May 14th, 2006, 07:47 AM

We really liked Coral Sands resort on the SW side of Barbados--www.coralsandsresort.com. It is in Worthing. Very nice beach and not touristy. About a 15 min walk or $5 cab ride to St Lawrence Gap where there are some excellent restaurants. The suites are large with two double beds and has kitchen facilities. Private balcony. Worth checking into. I agree Lois is the Barbados expert on this site Do a Lois or Lois Swanson search and you might find some of her posts
Old May 14th, 2006, 09:03 AM

I just topped a post from Lois, giving her email address, for you.

Look under "reservation questions".

Marion
Old May 14th, 2006, 11:02 AM

Forgot to mention--Good source of info for Barbados is www.insandoutsofbarbados.com