Barbadis -- One night layover

Old Nov 28th, 2008, 06:24 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Barbadis -- One night layover

My wife and I have a one night layover in Barbados in late January. We land arund 3:30pm and fly out the next morning. We are looking for suggestions on a convenient place to stay and a nice restaurant. Thanks!
Old Nov 28th, 2008, 09:15 AM

We did the same on our trip in October. We stayed at Silver Point Hotel which was very nice and their restaurant was good with reasonable prices. It was perfect for just a 1-night stay.

On our way home, we also spent another night in Barbados and that time we stayed at Southern Palms which we loved, except for their restaurant which we found to just be ok.
Old Nov 28th, 2008, 10:42 AM

Many hotels will arrange for you to be picked up at the airport. I would select one of those and stay fairly close to the airport in Christ Church.
Make reservations at Champers. It's a popular place (with great wine)and overlooks the water. Fresh fish and the chef tends to cook with garlic and capers. Yum!
Old Nov 28th, 2008, 11:00 AM
Original Poster

Thanks. I will check out Champers.. Mymoosie, do you know if Silver point or Southern palms arranges pick ups?
Old Nov 28th, 2008, 11:03 AM

My favourite is Peach and Quiet - close to the airport, a great restaurant on site (closed Sunday evenings) and a perfect place to spend an afternoon and evening. See reviews on TA for more info. http://www.peachandquiet.com/
Old Nov 28th, 2008, 11:30 AM

I believe Silver Point can arrange for airport transfers. I'm not sure, we just caught a cab from the airport. They arranged for a cab to pick us up in the morning as we had an early morning flight the next day. Probably the same for Southern Palms...they arranged for our cab leaving the next day.

Just curious, where are you headed?
Old Nov 28th, 2008, 12:02 PM
Original Poster

Heading to Petit St Vincent. Ever been?
Old Nov 29th, 2008, 01:32 PM

I highly recommend Southern Palms as well. And I agree with Mymoosie, the restaurant isnt that great, but you are within walking distance to so many others, it's not that big of a deal.

It is on the best beach IMHO.

Peace, Greenie
Old Nov 30th, 2008, 07:15 AM

Most guests heading to PSV stay at the Hilton since it's close to the airport and also close to restaurants. But if you stay at one of the hotels in The Gap you'll be able to walk to restaurants and nightspots.

Peach and Quiet is kind of far from everything and would require you to have a car unless you ate there.

I was in PSV last November, and I loved it. One of the best and most relaxing places I've ever been.
Old Dec 6th, 2008, 05:53 PM

Peach and Quiet, about 15 minutes from the airport, is ideal if you want tranquility and if air conditioning and all mod cons (in room TV, phone, inet) are not essential.

It's one of the prettiest small hotels I've ever seen and the owners bend over backward to make your stay pleasant. The hotel driver is reliable and will get you to the airport in plenty of time.

Chef Chris cooks fabulous meals - and they are very reasonably priced. The breakfast buffet is fabulous. You'll enjoy lounging around the pretty pool until it's time to leave.

Tho P&Q is on the water, the shoreline in front is not swimmable, but the waves crashing on the rocks, and the kite boarders, make for dramatic viewing.

I've stayed there many times and met many people who use P&Q en route to PSV

P.S. I really don't find it out of the way...10 minutes to Oistins, 20 to the GAP. We didn't need a car but used taxi and local bus.
Old Dec 7th, 2008, 07:08 PM

That's very true. Distance is relative. I guess I was thinking more of a place to stay that either had restaurant choices nearby or was within walking distance of places. I don't want to knock Peach & Quiet. It's one of our top-rated hotels in Barbados, and I've known many people who thoroughly enjoyed a stay there.
Old Dec 8th, 2008, 06:33 AM
Original Poster

Thanks. I will take a look at P&Q. We like, when possile, so try and avoild the big chain hotels. If my wife wants to go out and see a bit more of Barbados, will with look for a place in The Gap. I have a feeling she would rather just settle in one location after a long day of travel though. Thanks again everyone. I always appreciate the honest feedback!
Old Dec 9th, 2008, 03:35 PM

We have used Peach & Quiet on the way to PSV as well. It has excellent hosts and a very peaceful spot on a rocky beach. You can walk down to enter the water if you wish. They have an honor bar and also have been so kind as to make us a travel snack bag on our way to PSV.
Taxis are easy and affordable if you want to go into town.

Bougainvillea Beach Resort is another we have used. It has a sandy beach and simple rooms. We just wanted something clean with a sandy beach and a fun, tropical bar to wind down the travel day and it fit the bill and was easy on the wallet, too.

http://www.bougainvillearesort.com/

Enjoy PSV. It's one of my favorite spots in the world. And by all means, take the boat to Tobago Cays. Excellent snorkeling and scenery, too.

I'm so envious!
BeachGirl
Old Dec 10th, 2008, 06:33 AM
Original Poster

So, as I always I thought I knew my wife and was wrong - go figure =).
She's decided that since we are going to be doing the relaxing, quiet thing for a week at PSV that she would like to check out The Gap. How far is that from airport? Also any hotel recommendations in that area -- Southern Palms I know of, but any others?
Thanks!