Back from Jamaica

Old Nov 12th, 2002, 10:35 AM
kooer

Back from Jamaica

Hey all! I just wanted to let people know about my stop at Jamaica. I was told so much CRAP from this site!!! Not once were we offered drugs...not one single time and yes it is a very poor country, but a beautiful one with kind people! It really makes you appreciate what we have! so people please do not not go to Jamacia because of what you "hear" you will be missing a wonderful time. Just to let ya know we were hassled more in Cozumel for pot and shoping then in Jamacia. Comments welcome.

Old Nov 12th, 2002, 10:46 AM
Rick

Glad you enjoyed yourself there. I'll be going again in a few months also. If people want to bad mouth the place...fine. Don't go. It is a very diverse and wonderful island.

Old Nov 12th, 2002, 01:55 PM
islander

I have a good friend that goes to Jamaica once or twice a year and has nothing bad to say about the island. I mean I get offered pot and other drugs all the time and I live in the biggest city in my state!! There is crime everywhere you go....I just returned from my honeymoon in Antigua where the snipers lived for a year - is everyone going to start bashing it??

The people that bash Jamaica must not get out much and have never seen the real world! That's ok, leave the island for us to enjoy. Not as crowded, right??

Old Nov 12th, 2002, 02:07 PM
Tanya

Islander, I'm thinking the same thing. Some people obviously do not get out much so a trip to Jamaica and seeing all the "poverty" and peddlars in the street is difficult for them to come to grips with - so they stay shielded behind the fences of their "grand" resorts. Pity, because one just looked beyond the surface of Jamaica, relaxed a little bit, one will definetly have a good time.

Old Nov 12th, 2002, 02:09 PM
Tanya

Typing is bad. That last sentence should have read "if one looked beyond the surface of Jamaica, relaxed a little bit etc etc...long day