Back from Biras Creek

Dec 12th, 2004, 04:48 PM
Original Poster

Back from Biras Creek

We are back from our vacation in Biras Creek and we enjoyed it very much. Food was excellent, creative, and not your usual resort food. The resort is very quiet and peaceful, gorgeous grounds, many walks, bike rides, sailings. Took one day tour sightseeinng to VG, went to Bath, Little Dix, and were driven over island (not much sightseeing on the island but qwonderful views). Friendly local people, excellent service. What else can one ask for? Let me know if you have any questions on this resort.
Dec 13th, 2004, 10:35 AM
Carib_Ian

I hope to surprise my wife with a 10th anniversary trip to Biras Creek. Did you get bored? Did you make use of the Boston Whalers? I'm the kind of guy who likes to be able to do things and I am a bit nervous that this resort may be too limiting. Your impressions would be welcome.

Dec 14th, 2004, 08:51 AM
Original Poster

Carib_Ian,
the resorts has a lots of things to do. There are boston whalers and dinghies at marina. For expereinced sailors there are 2 Hunt16 sailboats, need approval for that. On the beach, there are kayaks, catamarans and surf boats.

Other activities include hiking trails - some of them were hard - up in the mountain. You can go far to Bitter end. You ride bike to the beach and marina, the resort is spread out althout walk is not that long. What else - tennis courts available, pool. So.. there are many things to do.

We did not use any boats since it was very subdued trip for us
However most people were sailing most of the time.

You can also take sailing trips with captain to the islands and also go to on sunset sail cruise for romance.

We took one day sightseeing tour of the island.

To answer your question - will you be bored - it all depends on you. This is very relaxed secluded resort, people who go there are the people who entertain themselves. All people were pleasant and we had nice conversations, some dinners together and and some snookers games, however most of the time the couples kept to themselves.

For guests who prefer more camaraderie and organized activities, like aerobics, group activities, etc, they will not like it. It is not like Sandals.
Re: age. Most people were over 40 years old. There were maybe 10% younger professional couples and few young couples which looked like parents paid for their trip

You can feel free to email me since I do not come often on this board.
sophia
Dec 14th, 2004, 08:52 AM
Original Poster

forgot to tell - there are no TV's in the room if this matters for you. One TV in the lounge area. Internet is availabe at reception desk. 1 computer.
Dec 15th, 2004, 04:34 PM

For what it's worth, I have been to the BVI
several times, but my trip to Biras Creek was
the best. FYI, I am perhaps "une femme d'un
certain age" (but not old!) and I traveled there a few years ago with my then teen-aged daughter, who still maintains it was the best trip she ever had! In a word, elegant, private, restful, outstanding food! A perfect place to relax and get away from the pressures of everyday life. Not a "scene", but then that is exactly what we wanted to avoid.