Search

atlantis sub

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12th, 2003, 11:05 AM
ed

atlantis sub

My family is going on the Disney Magic in March. Two stops are Grand Cayman and Cozymel. Both offer Atlantis sub rides for $75.PP. Since cozymel has such great snorkeling, should we do the sub in GC or do it in cozymel and do Sting Ray City in CG? Thanks for any advice.

Old Jan 12th, 2003, 02:54 PM
Sandy

Ed,<BR>I would definetely do the Stingray trip in Grand Cayman. It's quite a unique experience!! Also, the snorkeling in GC is awesome, so save the Atlantis sub for Cozumel. I've done the Atlantis sub in GC and it doesn't compare with interacting with the stingrays.<BR>Sandy

Old Jan 21st, 2003, 07:56 AM
Lisa

I agree with Ed - Having done both Strigray city &amp; Atlantis. There is no comparison. Stingray City is a very unique experience, a little intimidating at first but very cool -<BR><BR>Lisa

Old Jan 21st, 2003, 08:54 AM
Lynn

I agree with both Sandy and Lisa. We did both Stingray City and the Atlantis sub when we were on Grand Cayman, and I really wish we'd skipped the Atlantis. We had a blast at Stingray City; it was something I'll remember for the rest of my life. But the sub was a rip-off, and a darned expensive one at that. We saw more fish by snorkeling from the shore than we did by going on this sub ride. Save your money and do Stingray City; it's an incredible opportunty to interact with wildlife!<BR>

Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 11:00 AM
x

ttt

Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 12:49 PM
Kim

Ed:<BR><BR>I just returned from Cozumel last weekend. I payed the $75 for the Atlantis and thought is was not worth it at all. You barely see anything interesting and it's very uncomfortable. I recommend you snorkel in Cozumel, you'll see more from a much better view than a tiny cloudy window! I'd forgo the sub all together if I could do it again! Have fun!