Atlantis or ?

Jan 15th, 2009, 03:38 PM
Original Poster

Atlantis or ?

Which property would you recommend for mother & 15 yr old daughter beach trip: Atlantis Paradise Island, Comfort Suites Paradise Island, or Sheraton Nassau Beach?

From the reviews I have read, Atlantis is definitely the place with all the great activities, but what about the rooms? The Sheraton seems to have great reviews, but it is far from anything else.

Thank you for reading, and I hope that you will respond so we can get this decision made.

Thanks again.
Jan 16th, 2009, 12:51 AM

In I think it was 1999? We started off at the Sheraton, and the next night moved to Atlantis. And that was around the time 'Atlantis' first opened. The rooms, entertainment, and dining couldn't be matched! I even won $200 on slots the 1st night, and I'm not a gambler!

Lesha-
Jan 16th, 2009, 03:30 AM

You will get MANY opinions on Atlantis. It seems you either love it or hate. We loved it.
If you want to save money you culd stay at the Comfort Suites and still have full access to everything at the Atlantis. Comfort Suites also offers free breakfast.
I haven't stayed at Comfort Suites so I cant' speak for their rooms. We always have stayed right at Atlantis.
Your 15 year old will love all the slides and the Dig ans other aquariums.
Jan 16th, 2009, 08:30 AM

Like schmerl says above, there are many reviews both good and bad for the Atlantis. We had a very nice stay there in the year 2004. We stayed in the Royal towers and were close to the pools and all the activities. Your daughter will love all the water activities. My teens would love to go back!
The beach towers were dated (my brother moved over to the royal towers on day 3 of our trip).
I understand the coral towers are fine. I would not stay at the beach towers.
The comfort suites gets lots of rave reviews here. I don't tend to like the comfort suites here in the US and so probably wouldn't pick that hotel on the islands either. That is just my opinion.
We did the meal plan (gourmet) and the food was very good. It is pricey. The breakfast buffet is fabulous, but expensive. I would recommend picking up a quick bagel downstairs and saving the money for dinners unless you are huge breakfast people. I didn't think about it much as far as cost because we booked the meal plan.
Have fun!
Jan 16th, 2009, 09:29 AM

We spent one night at the Comfort Suites in late November 2008. We chose the hotel so we could use the facilities at Atlantis and we were very pleased. It's better than a regular CS hotel and we had a nice spacious tropical themed room with a refrigerator. Free breakfast is included which is a bonus as the food at Atlantis is pricey.

Personally I wouldn't want to spend a week at Atlantis and my kids agreed that they would be sick of the waterslides after 2 or 3 days.
Cabbage beach is gorgeous and probably the best beach on the island.

Our one night stay meant we had access to the park on two days. We checked in early (9am) as we were already on the island and spent the whole day at Atlantis. The following day we also were issued with wristbands for another full day at Atlantis... we had an afternoon flight home.

While we were there we met some guests staying at the Sheraton. They complained about the restaurants. They'd spent over $100 (for 2) at the Italian restaurant and the food was really basic like a cheap chain restaurant.
Jan 16th, 2009, 09:35 AM

One more thing the Comfort Suites are very convenient for getting into Atlantis and there is a pool.
Atlantis closes it's pools and slides at 5pm so it was nice to have access to a pool at the hotel (even after a whole day in the water my daughter decided to swim after dinner).

Consider splitting your stay between a couple of hotels...

BTW, Stuart Coves has a great snorkel/swim with sharks excursion and will pick up from your hotel.

Have fun!