Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

Atlantis In August (weather & harborside villas)

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21st, 2002, 02:11 PM
Rich

This is a 2 part question, any help is greatly appreciated.<BR><BR>First, anyone know about the weather in the Bahamas in August? I know about the small hurricane risk, but I also see on weather.com that there's a lot of rain. Anyone know what the pattern is? Is it all day rain, or short noon squalls? <BR><BR>Second part, anyone ever stay at the harborside villas at Atlantis? We're 2 families, one with 1 kid, the other with 3 kids. A condo-like place sounds nice, but it looks like the harborside is far from the action. Any wisdom?<BR><BR>Thanks in advance

Old Apr 22nd, 2002, 06:08 AM
anon

topping

Old Apr 22nd, 2002, 11:02 AM
tweedy

Rich I have not stayed at the Harbourside, but have heard very good reports and it is not far from the Atlantis complex, which is huge, so get your walking shoes out, as you and the kids will want to see it all.<BR><BR>There are a few places to shop close to you, for snacks and some basic groceries, but if you want to do a large grocery shopping trip, I would go to the large supermarket and there are 2, one right on Cable Beach and the larger one further out from Cable Beach, so take a taxi or the bus out and take a taxi back with your supplies.<BR><BR>The weather in the Bahamas in August is HOT, and muggy, but usually there is a rain shower or thunderstorm almost daily to cool things off, and it will rain most every night.<BR><BR>Take the kids to the Ardastra Zoo and GArdens for a fun day and there are some good snorkle trips and some history to the buildings downtown Nassau.<BR><BR>YOu might stop at the Tourist office in downtown Nassau close to the large strawmarket for all the info on things to do and see, and of course stop at the concierge at the Atlantis for info as well.<BR><BR>Have a great time and enjoy the Bahamas.<BR><BR>tweedy

Old Apr 22nd, 2002, 04:53 PM
Glen

Rich,<BR><BR>There are a couple of free shuttles that run between Harborside and the Atlantis hotels, however, you can also take the easy 5 minute walk around the boat marina if you wish.