Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

ATLANTIS DINING - closed toed shoes, air conditioning?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30th, 2023, 07:32 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello, going to ATLANTIS in April, someone in family made the restaurant reservations, I know at least one restaurant said "No sandals allowed!" Must be closed toed shoes!
That surprised me...
Does anyone know if this is the case with the majority of the upscale restaurants located within ATLANTIS?
I'm starting to pack today, and wonder also, if there is a chilliness, due to A/C throughout the resort inside places, in the restaurants, or is it downright cold?
Are most restaurants open air or indoor dining?
Lastly, can cases of water and snacks be checked in, since they charge so much for these things, we are thinking of stocking up since it's quite the number of people joining us, who are big water drinkers. Thank you.

Old Mar 30th, 2023, 11:23 AM
J62

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Unhinged
Hello, going to ATLANTIS in April, someone in family made the restaurant reservations, I know at least one restaurant said "No sandals allowed!" Must be closed toed shoes!
That surprised me...
Does anyone know if this is the case with the majority of the upscale restaurants located within ATLANTIS?
I'm starting to pack today, and wonder also, if there is a chilliness, due to A/C throughout the resort inside places, in the restaurants, or is it downright cold?
Are most restaurants open air or indoor dining?
Lastly, can cases of water and snacks be checked in, since they charge so much for these things, we are thinking of stocking up since it's quite the number of people joining us, who are big water drinkers. Thank you.
the tap water is potable.
you can bring snacks into the hotel.
Old Mar 31st, 2023, 06:05 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
""No sandals allowed!" Must be closed toed shoes!"

Did they state if that was for men or women? We have been there and wore nothing but sandals. That statement usually refers to flip flop type sandals. Did it actually state "closed toe shoes" for women as well?
Old Mar 31st, 2023, 09:01 AM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
Caveat - I have not been there but my cousin and two friends/neighbors have probably 6 times between the three of them -- and I'm sure none of the women took any closed toe shoes except for maybe tennis shoes/trainers. I'd be almost certain schmerl is correct and that requirement is for men only and likely only for the upscale dining rooms.