Aruba or St. Thomas in August

Old Jul 27th, 2003, 01:09 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aruba or St. Thomas in August

My boyfriend and I are planning a trip for mid-August. I am torn between Aruba, St.thomas or Puerto Rico. The idea of staying the Ritz in St Thomas is extremely appealing(the same with Il Conquistador in PR) but the Hurricane/rainy seaon concerns me. We could also stay at the Raddison in Aruba- which has more guarenteed weather- BUT a luxurious room is one of our main concerns(but not if it is raining the whole time). Any advice would be appreciated. THX!!
Old Jul 29th, 2003, 11:00 AM

Aruba is outside the hurricane belt so weather would be a factor. I am not familiar with the Raddison but the Hyatt and the Mariott are very nice there.
Old Jul 29th, 2003, 01:43 PM

Stay at the Radisson in Aruba. We loved it there...

Great weather and really nice hotel. Decor is British/Caribbean with marble in the bathrooms (not your standard hotel room decor).
Old Jul 29th, 2003, 02:44 PM

I have stayed at the Ritz in St. Thomas and just recently stayed at the Radisson in Aruba so I can compare both hotels. The Ritz Carlton was a beautiful hotel but the beach did not compare to that of Aruba. I don't think I would return because a good beach is something I don't want to compromise on. The Radisson was lovely and I would consider it the best on the island. I have stayed at the Marriott and the Hyatt as well and would give the Radisson the edge over both of them.
If you can splurge and get an oceanfront room in the main tower you will not be disappointed. The room was very nice, great bathroom and wonderful view from the balcony. I would also avoid St. Thomas in August because of potential hurricanes and storms. You won't have to worry in Aruba.
Enjoy.
Old Jul 29th, 2003, 02:57 PM

I have never been to the Ritz, but I can tell you that the Raddison in Aruba is a five star hotel that just underwent a multi million dollar remodeling and it is totally luxurious in every way. WE stayed on the 7th floor in the Aruba tower with breathtaking views. The open air lobby is wonderful and the beach is the best on the island. You will love it. WE are going to St. John this October and the weather thing concerns me too, but with Aruba you will not have to worry about that, you are out of the belt. Good Luck!