Notices

aruba or cancun

Old Jul 16th, 2002, 10:05 AM
Jen

aruba or cancun

There are about 10 of us, ages 20-30 looking to go for a week vacation next year. We want to go all inclusive and fly from Detroit, Mi. We really want somewhere we can do tours and snorkel, but at night, we want to party and have great nightlife. I have been to Cancun and know it would be perfect, but have never been to Aruba. I have heard they have excellent nightlife, is it far different from Cancun, if so would 20-30 year olds enjoy it, dancing, etc.??

Also, what about Acapulco? Has anyone ever been there? If so, does that sound like a place I should check out?

Where would you stay on these islands if you were going?

Thanks!

Old Jul 16th, 2002, 10:10 AM
Ted

Aruba is great -- much better than Cancun in my opinion. Tremendous nightlife, but not as young as Cancun (fewer drunk teenagers in Aruba). Perfect for your age group.

Try the Allegro all-inclusive.

Old Jul 16th, 2002, 11:22 AM
Bud

The only difference is that Cancun tolerates the late night noise and partying. The resorts are much more conservative in they want peace and quiet for their guests and will not tolerate noisy patrons. Aruba is stricter in it does not tolerate any problems and you will be arrested if you are drunk in public. Also, most, if not all of the bars close promptly at 2 A.M. Liquor is VERY expensive in Aruba compared to Cancun. Most mixed drinks are between $6-$8 each plus tax and tip.

Old Jul 16th, 2002, 11:31 AM
Ted

Bottom line:

If you're under 21 -- Cancun.

Over 21 -- Aruba.

Old Jul 16th, 2002, 12:29 PM
jen

Thanks for the responses guys. Do you have to be 21 to drink in Aruba? There will be one girl who will only be 20. Is that a problem? Are the bars in Aruba casual sit down, or dance club type places? THe guys will want to sit whereever and the girls will want a place to dance.

Sorry, for all the questions, but thanks a lot!

Old Jul 16th, 2002, 12:41 PM
Ted

20 won't be a problem to drink in Aruba, and you'll find all sorts of clubs/bars there. Carlos 'n' Charlie's will be perfect -- the guys can sit and drink while the chickadees go berserk on the dance floor (or tables, or bar, whatever). Be sure to take a bar-hopping party bus (there are at least two) and the wild booze cruise. That's 2 nights of guaranteed fun. Check out www.aruba-bb.com for tons of helpful info.