Reload this Page >

April weather on Harbour Island

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27th, 2002, 11:10 AM
Jim

I'm thinking of booking a vacation at Dunmore Beach Club during the early part of April. What has been your experience with the weather there that time of year (temperatures, cloudy/rainy days)? Thanks.

Old Aug 27th, 2002, 12:00 PM
tweedy

I have been on island several times in April over the last few years and it is usually starting to be very warm during the day 80's. The ocean is always warm, and certainly swimable in April.<BR><BR>April is not the rainy season, but with the warmer temps usually come rains, but it blows over quickly and you have sunshine again.<BR><BR>I have yet, (in all the years I have been going there) had more than 1 day of rain. Friends tease me about it, lol, when I am on island it's usually sunny and warm. lol.<BR><BR>Dunsmore is a beautiful resort. It is small and accomodations are villas overlooking the ocean. The restaurant at Dunsmore is one of the best on island and there is a lovely gazebo overlooking the beach to enjoy the view.<BR><BR>Runaway Hill is right next door, so you might try dinner there one night.<BR><BR>Have a great time and if you have any other questions about the island, please let me know.<BR><BR>tweedy

Old Aug 29th, 2002, 08:12 AM
Jim

Thanks Tweedy! I appreciate the information and the observations on Dunmore. I'd have thanked you sooner, but the "notify me of emails" feature apparently didn't work...

Old Aug 29th, 2002, 10:32 AM
tweedy

Sure Jim, glad I could be of help. Did you have any other questions on the island, how to get there, taxis, etc. If so let me knoaw and I'll try to help.<BR><BR>You also might come to the www.briland.com board for more info and pictures and of course there is a message board there as well.<BR><BR>Take care.<BR><BR>tweedy

Old Sep 12th, 2002, 11:59 AM
rich

One other thing to note - April is very windy which makes the water a bit rough and choppy. April is MUCH less rainy than summer months.