April getaway...your opinions please

Nov 13th, 2003, 03:44 AM
missj

April getaway...your opinions please

What a lucky dilemma! Here is your challenge! My bf and I are in our 50s.We want to take a warm weather trip next year probably in early April, to take advantage of off season rates. We have 9-10 days, and want the best bang for the buck. Last time, we visited Aruba, stayed at the Bucuti, loved it, but want a different experience. I have been to Anguilla, enjoyed it as well, but we want a place that is new for both of us. We like to combine relaxing with a little sightseeing, and we enjoy good dining. I don't think we want AI, as we like to try new restaurants. Open to all your ideas! Thanks in advance.

Nov 13th, 2003, 08:54 AM

Don't think you will find an island where early April is considered off-season. At the very earliest, it's April 15th, and later if Easter is later in the month. Try May.
Nov 13th, 2003, 08:59 AM

missi, check into renting a house in Tortola...we loved the BVI, and it is even more beautiful than Aruba and Anguilla, IMHO. We rented a villa just above Brewer's Bay beach, with pool and wraparound porches. There's some fun shopping, some great food choices, and gorgeous beaches/exploring. But as NSS said, check carefully on the dates first!
Nov 13th, 2003, 09:27 AM
missj

Thanks to both of you! We are still targeting mid April, it is the best time for both of us. Thanks for the advice on Tortola, acutally I did rent a villa there once -very lovely, but would love to find a new place for this trip.Any other suggestions? TIA>

Nov 13th, 2003, 01:18 PM

I would try Barbados with that much time. Great restaurants, and a nice beach. Another thought it the Island of Grenada. It is the Spice Island, friendly people, and interesting sightseeing. Research those 2.
Nov 19th, 2006, 08:48 AM

Dear missj, I've been posting you under missi{my bad}. I've answered some of questions about the Halfmoon on your original from September. I really must see to some new "readers." If I can be of any help to you, let me know.
Nov 19th, 2006, 08:51 AM

PS The plan I referred to earlier as t Take Me to the Moon has recently been changed to The Good Life and includes, get a load of this, a Swedish massage for each person!! Doesn't that sound good?
Nov 19th, 2006, 03:48 PM

For something really different from where you have already been, try Nevis. Beautiful island, friendly people, some excellent restaurants. Not nearly as developed or touristy as some of the other islands, and that is part of its charm. You can get some good off-season rates, but I'm not sure when they start.