Anyone used CheapCaribbean.com?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10th, 2005, 08:26 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I found some great deals there, but I'm not sure if there's a catch. Anybody used it before and found the vacation satisfactory? Wondering if all these rates are good because there's construction nearby or something. Husband, toddler and I want to get away in December (before the peak season starts) for about a week under $2000 from NYC. Looks like it's doable through that website, but a bit nervous about using them. I'd really appreciate any feedback. Thank you.
Old Oct 10th, 2005, 09:25 AM

Yes- I have used the website. (I think I only booked a flight though.) I think it's reliable- just like Expedia.com. However they have deals for all types of hotels- from 1 star to 5 star- you just need to research the hotel before booking.
Old Oct 10th, 2005, 02:49 PM

Hello NYCdreamer! What is;land are you planning to visit? POst and let me know because I am familiar with a lot of beautiful resorts in the islands that will save you a lot of moneyand I would love to help you out.
Old Oct 10th, 2005, 06:55 PM

I haven't used them but they have been recommended by others. Remember, if you don't have a passport, check the requirements for your island of your choice & make sure you have enough time to get passports since passport agencies are currently swamped from New Orleans agency being closed.
Old Dec 2nd, 2005, 09:48 AM

You should really go through a local agent if possible. My party (included 2 toddlers and an infant and a 73yo)encountered so many disaters that were fault of CheapCaribbean.com. We deserted our local agent that was helping with the trip because the prices here sounded so good- but I will pay the agent fee from now and forever because of this company. They have very poor business practices and I really hope that you did not end up going with them. I sure they might get 1 out of 10 trips done properly....but it is definately not a risk I would EVER be willing to take again. These were not just petty mistakes because I am usually a very understanding person and do not care to complain about things....but I would not wish this company to book a trip for my worst enemy. Good Luck and hope you have a great trip!
Old Dec 2nd, 2005, 10:08 AM

I used CheapCaribbean once with satisfaction. It was just a straightforward transaction for airfare plus an EP hotel.

mrkr, I'm sorry that you didn't have a good experience. It would be really helpful if you would delineate some of the big mistakes they made with your vacation so that other people could learn from it, rather than a generic statement of extreme dissatisfaction.
Old Dec 2nd, 2005, 10:30 AM

We had a large wedding party traveling from two different locations. The original site was in Cancun and all trips were booked and paid in full before they found there were no wedding dates at the hotel. We had no confirmation on close to 20000pd to the company for 45 days. the website assures 3-5dy conf. When we were transferred from Cancun to Jamaica (Wilma)there was a time we were promised "first priority" and were told we could find something within a matter of days. A few weeks later we finally had a place. Some airline tickets had not been transferred from Cancun (travel agency responsibility) rooms were not accurate and reserved when we checked in (ta again) and we were promised the wedding package would be taken care of but paid for it when we got there. There were numerous other small incidents that added up throughout our process due to the agencies fault. We have numerous calls made throughout the last few months that have never been returned. We did more work ourselves scheduling and fixing problems with the trip than we would have if we had done the entire thing ourselves. I think the reason to use an agency for a group traveling out of the country is so they take care of everything for you. This was just not the case. I would not even book a single airline flight from them again. One of the worst things at this point is we keep leaving messages and no response...no suitable apology.
One person did actually say to me that she was sorry we used their company instead of a travel agency. I do believe they advertise theirselves as just that though.

safe and happy travels!
Old Dec 2nd, 2005, 12:08 PM

I have used in the past but they have changed thier format. They booked me a trip 2 Grand Cayman in 03 48 hrs prior 2 depature for 11 days at the Sunshine land and air for 1700 for 2. Not a bad price. They wholesale through a company called World wide exchange out of Vegas.