Reload this Page >

any suggestions? leaving sunday

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 28th, 2002, 07:14 AM
angie

Hi there, <BR><BR>my fiance and I are leaving sunday morning for swept away in negril for our honeymoon...any last minute suggestions for this particular resort or just in general would be great!! thanks so much!!

Old May 28th, 2002, 07:22 AM
Anon

Take plenty of sun screen and have a great time. Congratulations.

Old May 28th, 2002, 10:54 AM
tivertonhouse

The soaking rains have largely stopped on island so aside from sunscreens, also bring a Deet-based mosquito repellent since mosquitoes always pesky after rains...

Old May 28th, 2002, 01:26 PM
carolyn

The Pickled Parrot is a great very low key restaurant/bar on the cliffs, the staff were fantastic. Great place for snorkeling, cliff jumping or just chilling. We didn't eat there, but the jerk chicken smelled fantastic. It will give you a good feel of the real "jamaica" Much better and less touristy than Rick's Cafe down the street. <BR><BR>Don't be put off by the look of the place from the road.

Old May 28th, 2002, 01:55 PM
tivertonhouse

Liz,the US based monitor for the Negril/South Coast section/forum, has a first page highlighted FOCUS ON NEGRIL with great info on this month's www.jamaicans.com. LONG article,great advice for Negril/print and bring it with you...

Old May 29th, 2002, 04:34 AM
cayman420

Go to the pickled parrot for sure!!<BR>If you have a chance to go out to dinner, check out the red snapper. Rick's is touristy but worth going once to people watch. I would pass on the straw market amd do most of your shopping at the cliffs while you are at the pickled parrot. Make sure to bring plenty of US dollar bills when making purchases, they always seem to not have money to give back change. I think you can bargain better with us money.<BR>Congratulations, have a wonderful time and be careful. I love Jamaica but, always be aware of the situation around you and dont get off the beaten path unless with a large group.

Old May 31st, 2002, 05:15 AM
Corey

We too are leaving Sunday. I just checked out weather.com and it doesn't look to promising. Shows scattered rain everyday we are there (2nd thru the 9th). What are the odds of these rains keeping the sun away the whole time were there?

Old May 31st, 2002, 05:20 AM
rain rain go away

Don't worry about the rain, the chances of brief showers every day are high but the chances of a total washout are slim to none.<BR>Don't give it a second thought. Just enjoy yourselves!

Old May 31st, 2002, 06:47 AM
corey

Thanks for the vote of confidence rain, rain. I'm not really worried either. I mean it's our honeymoon and there are plenty of "things" to do in our room if the rain persists.