Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

any great winter deals at luxury resorts?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26th, 2008, 05:26 AM
lvs
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone heard of any exceptional deals being offered at any luxury resorts this winter? We usually go to the Caribbean in February, but with our portfolio decimated like so many others we were hoping to find a good deal or skip going this winter.

Thanks,
Linda
Old Nov 26th, 2008, 05:52 AM

take a look at this site: http://www.luxurylink.com/destinatio...an-and-bermuda
i have not used it but several fodorties have, apparently with great success. (sandy lane is listed)
also i noticed just by poking around that many resorts are offering deals as their finances are not looking much better than ours. so if there is some resort you like check out their page.
Old Nov 26th, 2008, 06:20 AM

you may want to check out some luxury properties in Turks and Caicos. The combination of the economy and after the hurricanes, they are offering free nights during peak season! There is no hurricane damage to see, you'd never know it, but it's hit the tourist industry extra hard there.

2 of my favorite properties are offering 5th or 7th nights free during peak season--Turks and Caicos Club, and The Somerset. If you don't see the specials on line, call them directly, I'm sure they would want to offer you something.....
Old Nov 26th, 2008, 06:39 AM

There are many, many deals.

I'd first check the web site at the resort you are interested in. But various travel agencies are offering packages coupled with airfare at upscale resorts. Check with Liberty Travel which seems to have a good line on Caribbean deals.
Old Nov 26th, 2008, 06:49 AM
lvs
Original Poster

Thanks all.

Blamona, I have a question. I have not been to the T&C. I thought perhaps the water and air temp would be chilly there in Feb. as it is so far north. Is that true?
Old Nov 28th, 2008, 11:44 AM

I know calling a TA seems so archaic, but they do know about great packages and will do all the leg work for you. Sometimes they hear about deals before they are put out to the public, as well.
Old Nov 29th, 2008, 06:02 AM

this page will tell you the average provo weather conditions.
http://www.wunderground.com/history/...=Turks+Islands
i have been in april. the air temp was fine. it was a bit breezy some days. the water was fine to go swimming, but did start to feel cool to me when i stayed in for a long time snorkeling.
Old Nov 29th, 2008, 06:52 AM

Ivs: I have been in Provo the first week of Feb. a couple of times (not later in the month though). I have not seen the "official" temps, but just how I would feel being out, swim, snorkel. I personally think it's perfect, no humidity, felt like 80's, at night maybe a summer sweater or long sleeve T. As for swimming, I have found East Coast beaches such as Ocean City and Virginia Beach, the water to be colder in June for me than the water in Provo in Feb. Of course, I can't predict the weather, I've been to Bahamas over Christmas, and froze, been at Christmas and been hot.

Unless you go way further South (Aruba), if you compare to say, Anguilla and Virgin Islands, on average you are talking about 3-5 degrees.
Old Nov 29th, 2008, 02:54 PM
NM

In checking out LuxuryLink the deals are mostly for off season--not this winter. Perhaps the resorts are going to wait before they offer winter discounts. We are headed down for Christmas and New Years as we do every year and will be interested to see if business is off.