Anniversary vacations

Jul 18th, 2002, 08:03 AM
Zuno

Anniversary vacations

I am looking for a nice, quite, romantic (no children) but not boring (only beach) place for my 10th anniversary 3 days vacation.
It should be close to NY and not so expensive.
Any suggestions?

Jul 18th, 2002, 08:08 AM
Great

What month? Bermuda would be ideal during warmer weather months. You might want to consider Miami, too.

Jul 18th, 2002, 09:13 AM
Zuno

The month is End October.
Miami is not a good idea, but thank you anyway.

Jul 18th, 2002, 09:28 AM
Susan

You might still be safe with Bermuda during that time (in terms of weather). I'm sure it will be a little cooler, but that may be refreshing.

Lots to do there.

Other than that, you can always do a short trip to Cancun, etc, but may be too busy.

My vote is for Bermuda

Jul 18th, 2002, 10:26 AM
nina

I second Bermuda. Went last October and the weather was gorgeous. The water was still a very warm 80 degrees. It's only an hour and a half flight from NY. Unfortunately it's not inexpensive, but the end of October is shoulder season, so you may get a deal.

Jul 18th, 2002, 11:18 AM
Bud

I would vote for Bermuda because it is closer to NY than the others and you would not spend all your time traveling. Southampton area is very nice.

Jul 18th, 2002, 01:24 PM
mary

I'd suggest Playa del Carmen, Mexico; about an hour south of Cancun. Lots to do and see and probably the least expensive place in the Carribean in terms of resort cost. And they do have some gorgeous resorts since it's a relatively new area. I'd go back in a heartbeat. I'd guess it's a 3 / 3-1/2 hour flight from New York.

Jul 18th, 2002, 02:48 PM
Bud

When did Mexico become a Caribbean island???

Jul 18th, 2002, 05:34 PM
fran

To previous poster: Obviously Mexico is not a Caribbean island; however, it does have a Caribbean coastline. The Caribbean beaches south of Cancun are supposed to be beautiful.

Jul 19th, 2002, 05:47 AM
mary

I never said it was an island, Bud. And like Fran said it does have the Carribean coastline.