Search

Anguilla to Nevis

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7th, 2005, 12:44 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anguilla to Nevis

If I wanted to go to the Four Seasons in Nevis from Anguilla, would it be an easy ferry trip? How often do they run? Would it make sense to fly out of St. Maarten (where I am flying in) or out of St. Kitts.

Thanks.
Old Nov 7th, 2005, 01:04 PM

There is no ferry that runs between Anguilla and Nevis. You would have to fly either a commercial or charter aircraft.

As far as flying out of St. Maarten, you would more than likely have to connect via St. Maarten to fly between Anguilla and Nevis.

There is a ferry that runs between Nevis and St. Kitts and it runs often each day, at least as far as I recall.
Old Nov 7th, 2005, 02:08 PM
Original Poster

Guess I just thought it would be easy since Cap Juluca offers a day trip to Nevis. Thanks for your reply.
Old Nov 7th, 2005, 02:23 PM

The day trip, if offered, would be by aircraft.
Old Nov 7th, 2005, 05:44 PM
Sunnyboy

as others have said, there's no ferry service between Anguilla & Nevis. You could charter a boat but it's much too far and covers too much "blue water" to be practical (figure about 6 or 7 hours by power boat and 12 to 14 by sailboat). The only way to get between the two islands is to fly by charter (figure about $1,200 to $1,500) or by scheduled airlines (Liat or Winair) out of St. Martin.

Old Nov 7th, 2005, 06:01 PM
NM

About 3 yrs. ago we stayed first in Nevis and then went to Anquilla. We took a ferry to St. Kitts and a short flight to SXM and then a taxi and ferry ride over the Anguilla. It really wasn't that long of a trip. I would imagine you can do the trip in reverse.
Old Nov 8th, 2005, 05:21 AM
OT

LIAT flies between Anguilla and Nevis

www.liatairline.com
Old Nov 8th, 2005, 01:29 PM

OT - For what it is worth I think LIAT no longer flys non-stop or direct between Anguilla and Nevis. You now have to change planes in Antigua. You are better off taking the ferry from AXA to SXM and flying Winair to NEV.
Old Nov 8th, 2005, 01:40 PM
OT

I have always considered the island hopping of LIAT and Caribbean Star to be good fun.
What is the difference in flying Liat to Antigua and changing planes

or taking the ferry to Marigot, taxi to Juliana airport and taking Winair to Nevis?

Winair also flies from Anguilla, so perhaps they can offer a better deal.

I only came up with a suggestion, if yours is better then g8.
Old Nov 10th, 2005, 01:24 PM
Original Poster

The best connections I found:
Liat from Anguilla to Nevis, 1 stop
can't get the return on Liat

Winair Nevis to SXM. 1 stop (only option)

Seems easier & cheaper to fly from Anguilla and stop in Antigua than ferry to St. Maarten and fly non-stop to Nevis.

Thanks for the help. I appreciate it.
Old Nov 10th, 2005, 01:37 PM

I personally wouldn't want to fly to Antigua to get to Nevis. But, considering the ferry, layover in SXM, etc., it's probably six of one, half dozen of the other.

Have you looked into flying from Anguilla to Nevis on WinAir with a stop in SXM? I have to admit, however, if there is a layover in SXM it could still take you half a day. I've flown from Statia to St. Kitts via SXM, and it's taken more time than it did for someone else to fly from Boston to St. Kitts. Both of us leaving at the same time, and Statia is only 7 miles away. Go figure!

Glad you found some options, WTexan. BTW - Although I've lived in the islands for over a decade, I'm a Texan, too.
Old Nov 11th, 2005, 12:07 PM
Original Poster

I really appreciated your help and comments, but I have decided to give it up and just stay on Anguilla.
Old Nov 11th, 2005, 02:32 PM

WTexan, I can relate. Having just returned from our second trip to Venice, Italy we had tentative plans for a couple of day trips and finally just decided to stay in Venice for the whole week. It just became too much of a hassle to do so much jumping around when we had so much still to see and do there.

I think you will still be very happy staying only on Anguilla for the duration of your trip. It really is a beautiful island that has yet to be over run with tourism.

Have a great time! Tell Banky Banks we said "hi!"