Anguilla, St. Barts or both

Sep 2nd, 2006, 05:04 PM
Original Poster

Anguilla, St. Barts or both

First, thanks for all the great information on this forum. We are thinking of going early next June. Both places have their plus/minus. probably has the best beaches, but is missing the "lushness" of St. Barts. We like the "French" aspect of St. Barts, but we would have to deal with the unfavorable exhange rate. We are looking at Cap or Cuisinart for Aguilla and Guanahani or Christopher for St. Barts. Also, there is the "shlep" factor of. Is there a way of getting from Anguilla directly to St. Barts without having to go throught St. Maatin.
Sep 3rd, 2006, 12:02 AM

Beautiful though it is, St Barts never struck me as being lush. We took a catamaran from St Martin to St Barts, not sure if there is a direct service or air connection.
Sep 3rd, 2006, 08:16 AM

Like Odin said, St. Barth's is not particularly lush, in fact it is a rather arid island, although it does have more hills than the relatively flat Anguilla. Those hills are covered with plant material like various forms of cactus and succulents that florishes in dry climates.

The only way to get directly to St. Barth's from Anguilla is to charter a plane. Otherwise your only viable way is going through St. Martin.
Sep 3rd, 2006, 08:29 AM

I believe you can fly from Anguilla to St. Barth's via Winair and not have to go through St. Maarten

http://www.fly-winair.com/
Sep 4th, 2006, 05:25 AM

Barbara1 - I believe the Winair flight from Anguilla to St. Barth's is actually a connecting flight through St. Martin> In otherwords you sill have to go through SXM and switch planes to fly onto SBH. At least that what the schedule shows for next June when edrucker is planning to make the trip.
Sep 4th, 2006, 05:37 AM

you might be right. I did not check the schedule but I know that Winair used to fly direct from Anguilla to St. Barths.
I guess the best bet is to call Winair and check.
thanks for the correction.