Is 2 days in St. Martin enough?

Jun 26th, 2007, 04:55 PM
Original Poster

Is 2 days in St. Martin enough?

My fiance and I are headed to St. Maarten/Barths/Anguilla in a few weeks and I could use some advice on my itinerary.

Day 1: arrive PM in St. Maarten
Day 2: fly to St. Barths on Air Caraibes
Day 3: St. Barths
Day 4: fly back to St. Maarten
Day 5-7: Anguilla

My question is there enough to do on St. Martin/Maarten that I should stay an extra day at the end of the trip for sight-seeing?

Also, which side (St. Martin or St. Maarten) is considered better in terms of beaches, shops, restaurants? I was thinking of finding a hotel near Orient Beach.

Thanks in advance for the help.
Jun 26th, 2007, 07:43 PM

I spent a week on St. Maarten and found plenty to do, so I don't think that's the question. I just wonder why you want to spit up this already very short vacation between three different islands. If I were you, I'd add days in both St. Barths and Anguilla and forget St Maarten. Or if you want to come over to Marigot for hte day for some shopping and food, just do that on the ferry from Anguilla. I wouldn't bother staying on St. Maarten at all unless there's no way you can do the trip because you are arriving very late.
Jun 26th, 2007, 07:47 PM

I agree with Doug. And, congrats on your impending marriage!
Jun 26th, 2007, 11:41 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the feedback thus far. Doug, I am taking your advice and cutting St. Martin out of the first half of the trip. Upon arriving on Day 1, we'll head straight to St. Barts assuming that Air Caribes allows me to change my itinerary.

The question now is do I spend the extra day during the middle of the trip in St. Barts or Anguilla? In other words, I have 3 days on each island so far so which one most deserves a 4th day?

It sounds like there is more to see and do on St. Barts?
Jun 27th, 2007, 01:07 AM

I would select St. Barts by far. Even the shopping in St. Maraarten is not great. Anguilla has good restaurants but I doubt you are traveling that far for a good meal. Also, St. Barts is the only one that offers decent snorkeling if you are into that activity.