shorten Cap Juluca for St. Barts ??

Nov 4th, 2003, 02:20 PM
Original Poster

shorten Cap Juluca for St. Barts ??

We are currently booked for 6 nights at Cap Juluca, but are considering shortening it to 4 in order to stay 2 nights at "isle de France" in St. Barts. We are 50/50 about whether to do it or not. We loved our visit to Paris 2 years ago and like the cuisine but is it worth leaving the Cap? Thats where we need advice. How long is a ferry ride from Anguilla to St. Martin to St. Barts? Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Nov 4th, 2003, 02:32 PM

Have never done St. Bart's so I cannot advise if its worth shortening your CJ-
Anguilla trip, but I do know Cap has
a combined trip to St. Bart's with isle
de France. I am sure CJ will have info. The current www.news.ai/ has an artticle about St. Barts, including how to get there from Anguilla!
Nov 4th, 2003, 02:55 PM

I would do St. Barths on a separate trip, 2 days is not enough to enjoy the island. Isle De France is georgous, but IMO nothing beats Cap Juluca.
Nov 4th, 2003, 02:58 PM
OT

First ferry from Anguilla is 7.30 am, crossing is about 20 mins, ferry St. Martin to St. Barths leaves sometime around 1000, takes about one hour I think. The St. Martin - St. Barts ferry is nicknamed St. Barffssss due to often heavy swells.
I prefer flying, but the first time arriving is nerve racking - you'll see the hillside getting closer and then suddenly you have landed. Winair has flights to St. Barts (sometimes via St. Martin) or you could book a private charter with Trans Anguilla.

St. Barts is not Paris, more Nice mixed with St. Tropez, but still very French.

For such a short holiday, I would stay put on Anguilla, lots of fine gourmet and French cuisine. The hazzle of packing and travel while you can enjoy a great beach and chill out, not just worth it for such a short time (in my humble opinion).
Nov 4th, 2003, 03:13 PM
Sunnyboy

I agree with the others, 6 nights is not enough to split between two islands. You'll spend too much time traveling and not enough vacationing. Save St. Barts for your next trip.

Nov 5th, 2003, 02:42 PM

If you can peel yourself off the beautiful beaches of Anguilla - and guarantee you will find superb cuisine in Anguilla. I would suggest you do a day trip to St. Barts. It is only a 12 minute flight on Winair & costs $150 rt. The only thing I would do there is stroll the shops in Gustavia and have lunch at Eden Roc's beach or Le Toiny.

Should you decide to go:
Inter island flights many times cancel or depart earlier than schedule - so make sure you do not miss your flight back to Anguilla!

St. Martin:
If you can afford it, charter a private boat (or chip in with other couples at Cap) to take you there in a fast boat in 10 minutes.
My favorite is No Fear - www.offshoresensations.com

Have a wonderful trip!