Search

Anguilla in July

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9th, 2005, 11:41 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anguilla in July

I was supposed to go to Anguilla (Cuisinart) in May but changed my plans due to a lot going on on the home/work front at that time. I am now planning on early July right at the end of the holiday weekend (7/5-7/11)but am a little nervous about the weather at that time. Technically I know it is rainy/hurricane season but I am hoping it is still early enough to catch good weather. I'd like to hear from people who traveled to the caribbean, Anguilla in particular, at that time. I know the beach at Cuisinart can be windy and wonder if that time of year is more wind prone than other times. If my chances for good weather are significantly better in early May, I may try to go back to my original plan. July just happens to fit into my schedule better.
Old Apr 9th, 2005, 02:20 PM
Sunnyboy

The only significant difference in the weather on Anguilla between May and July is that it it will, on average, be maybe 5 degrees F. warmer in July. You are mistaken about the winds, they are likely be to higher in late December and early January (they are know as the "Christmas winds&quot As for rain in July, Anguilla is relatively arid but you may see a few "extra" relatively brief and localized showers (mostly in the evening and not enough to have an adverse effect on your vacation). Of course, these are only generalities and when you deal with mother nature, nothing is ever certain until it happens. Enjoy your trip.

Old Apr 11th, 2005, 03:46 PM

We went to St John last year in July (15-23). This was the 1st time we had ever gone to the Caribbean in the summer and like you I was alittle nervous. However we had 8 days of glorious weather. A sprinkle one evening was all the rain we got. I felt the weather was no different than when we go to Anguilla in the spring. BTW the locals say that August is a great time to go to Anguilla. They say the weather is great. I have stayed at Cuisinart...you will love it!!!!!
Old Apr 12th, 2005, 11:46 AM

What about Anguilla end of October? Do I need to worry about hurricanes? Also, if we go, we will be staying at someone's house...
Therefore, does one need to rent a car to go around to different beaches restaurants etc. or is local transport easily available and fairly inexpensive?
Thanks!
Old Apr 12th, 2005, 12:22 PM
Sunnyboy

The end of October is still Hurricane Season in the Caribbean. Officially the Season runs from June 1 through November 30 with the most active period for storms historically being September 1 through October 15. That said, you are dealing with mother nature so there are no guarantees. Last year, for instance there were quite a few major hurricanes in August and September but none in October and none of the storms had any significant impact on Anguilla. Unfortunately, there's just no way to predict now what will happen this comming October. One other variable is that if there is a storm in late October there is always a chance it may not come anywhere near Anguilla. You can visit http://stormcarib.com/ to get historical data on hurricane activity in the Caribbean (in general) and Anguilla (in particular). You will then have to make up your own mind if you are comfortable with the odds.

To answer your other question, you'll really need a rental car if you want to get out to explore the island, its many beautiful beaches and its great restaurants. Taxis will get very expensive and there is not a good alternative when it comes to local inexpensive transportation.

Old Apr 13th, 2005, 10:50 AM

Thanks Sunnyboy for the helpful information!