all-inclusives with teens

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12th, 2010, 06:30 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking to take our first all-inclusive vacation. We have 2 teens 14 and 17. Any advice on the best AI for both my husband and I and the kids? Love great food, beaches and watersports. Thanks
Old Oct 12th, 2010, 06:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There are several resorts in Mexico's Riviera Maya that would fill your requirements.
Look into the Iberostar Paraiso Lindo/May and the Barcelo Maya complex.
Lots of activities for everyone or total relaxation if that's what you want.
Old Oct 13th, 2010, 04:32 AM

That's way too broad a question. There are hundreds of All-Inclusives in the Caribbean, and other than the ones that are Adult Only, I'm sure your teens could find fun at any of them.
They all have a beach, they all offer some assortment of water sports, they all have reasonable (if not repetitive) food (well, maybe all except for Cuba, that has notoriously bad food), but then food is a subjective thing anyway.
If all you want is beach, then almost any All-Inclusive will do, though some beaches are much better than others. And likely your teens will be able to find other teens to hang out with (depending on the time of year it is), no matter where they are.
You need to narrow the field a bit more. Are there one or more islands you would prefer because of famous landmarks, or sightseeing opportunities? Are you into the particular flora or fauna of a particular area or interested in their natural features (i.e. caves, waterfalls, etc)? Is price a factor - are you looking for something low budget or with more luxury, two star or five star? And does it matter to you what the primary language of the island is - English? Spanish? French?
Decide what your budget is, go to a travel website and do a search within your price range, and see what islands come up. Read the reviews about those particular resorts, and then decide if they sound like what you have in mind. If not, then adjust your budget, and/or narrow your search to specific islands and search again. At some point you'll hopefully find a location that has reviews that you love, within your price range. And then you can come back here and ask about those specific locations, if you still have questions.
Old Oct 13th, 2010, 05:15 PM

I loved Breezes Curacao. Some people dont but it depends on what you are looking for.
Old Oct 14th, 2010, 04:45 AM
KVR

I'm one of those people who don't like Breeze Curacao. Curacao is also a difficult Island to get to from the US and quite expensive compared to other destiantions with better AI choices like Mexico, the DR and Jamaica.

Read the reviews on Trip Advisor on any Breezes resort. They are very sub par and since there are so many AI resorts to chose from, there are much better options.

I agree with schmerl. The Iberostars and Barcelos are great AI resorts along the Mexican Riveria. For a lesser expensive option look at the RIU's. Not my favorite chain, but will do. Another option would be the Occidentials.
Old Oct 19th, 2010, 04:35 PM

How about an all inclusive sailing trip in the British Virgin Islands? Lots of water sports and a different island every day. We have sailed 4 times now on the charter catamaran Mustang Sally and had the trip of a life time.