All Inclusives in Jamaica

Oct 17th, 2002, 07:31 AM
All Inclusive

All Inclusives in Jamaica

I am planning a trip to Jamaica for next year and I would like some advice on some of the all inclusives in Jamaica. This will be only my second trip to the caribbean and my first was at Sandals Antigua. I was pleased with the Sandals resort in Antigua but I am not set on returning to a Sandals resort. I only booked Sandals the first time because I booked through my friend who is a travel agent and it was her suggestion. I would like to hear some opinions on the AIs in Jamaica...I am not against Sandals but I am not set on going to Sandals so PLEASE, spare me the Sandals bashing!! Thanks!

Oct 17th, 2002, 12:29 PM
jim

Try the Grand Lido Superclub resorts.

Oct 17th, 2002, 12:56 PM
Suzy

I stayed at the Wyndam Rose Hall. It was lovely. Nice beach. Several pools. Everyone was very nice. It is a family resort so if you don't want any kids around, then you might want to try somewhere else. Personally, the kids didn't bother me at all.

Oct 18th, 2002, 07:14 AM
Eric

My advice is to avoid Montego Bay.
(and of course Kingston). Stay in Negril or Ochos Rios. Port Antonio is also lovely, if you want something more quiet. If you want something really laid back, try Treasure Beach.

My favorite is Negril. The 7 mile beach is world famous. I've stayed at Couples, Riu, and Point Village. Had fun at all of them. After years of going all inclusive, we finally switched to smaller (cheaper) places. The AI's are nice, but we now prefer to get out and see more of the island. The people of Jamaica are great, but you have to go out and meet them to get a real taste of Jamaica....

Have Fun,
Eric

Oct 18th, 2002, 08:03 AM
xxx

While I have stayed at the Half Moon, Grand Lido Braco, Ritz-Carlton, and the Wyndham, my favorite for all inclusive is the Grand Lido Braco. Haven't been to Negril and that gets great reviews.

Oct 18th, 2002, 10:49 AM
sunny

I have stayed in Ocho Rios (Marriott), Couples (Negril) and some other place in Montego Bay.

If you are looking for family entertainment I would suggest one of the Beaches or Sandals resorts in either Ocho Rios or Negril. If you just want adults only (no screaming children) go to Couples Negril (just make sure to get a room on the south side of the resort - because there are too many mosquitos and noise).

Couples Negril was very calm, very elegant and a lot of fun. They have classes for couples (massage, etc.) as well as some good activities. And no children!

If you are feeling *really* adventurous, try Hedonism II in Negril.

Oct 21st, 2002, 12:46 PM
Penney

I would also suggest you look into the Lido Resorts. They are all different so does depend on what oyu are looking for. NEgril is known for the beach - beautiful! Laid back but not dead! San Souci is known for the spa services and scenery and Braco is more upbeat, more to do.

Couples rsorts are pretty much like Sandals - have heard good things about them. Swept Away, I beleive is run by Super Clubs as well but is for those that par rake in athletics (but not solely!). Hedo rsorts are for the more adventurous! Stay away from Breezes MoBay - horrible reviews.

Oct 23rd, 2002, 01:37 PM
Roxy

Couples Swept Away in Negril....fun,laid back, friendly people, beautiful beach, decent food, romantic rooms....highly recommend it!