Grand Lido or elsewhere

Sep 15th, 2003, 02:53 PM
Original Poster

Grand Lido or elsewhere

Okay, I have read some mixed reviews on Grand Lido. My girlfirend and I are thinking about going there for several days. Our first choice was Swept Away, but they were all booked. Can I get some feedback on Grand Lido or other suggestions on where to stay in Negril? Thanks
Sep 15th, 2003, 03:46 PM

Hi, while I have not stayed at Grand Lido Negril I did stay at the other two. Braco and the former lido San Souci. I have also visited Negril and other resorts there on day passes. I LOVED the lido service and did find it superior to other resorts. I think though that you might be happier with room, service and beach at Braco. JMHO but I thought it was much nicer beach and area then Negril. Others disagree with me and love Negril but I was a bit disappointed with it. It is kind of like a giant bay and not really a beach if you get my drift!
Sep 15th, 2003, 04:19 PM

I too really enjoyed Braco. The service and everything was great.
Sep 16th, 2003, 07:24 AM

Monique, I believe that's because you were not in the main area of Negril. I believe many of the all-inclusives are located in the bay area called Boody Bay. Couples Negril is also located in this area.

The nicer part of Negril's beach is along the main stretch. Swept Away is located along the beginning of the main stretch.
Sep 16th, 2003, 08:44 AM

I think I was in the main part of Negril. I was at Sandals Negril, I was at Ricks I went over to a few of the other resorts as well to check them out. I also have extensive pictures of GLN as one of my friends actually did some marketing for them. Anyway I think Braco would be a better choice.
And by far the best beach I have had while staying in Jamaica was in Montego Bay. Imagine that.