All-Inclusive resort

Old Oct 20th, 2005, 04:54 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All-Inclusive resort

I was wondering if anyone could help me? I am looking for an all-inclusive resort for two couples ages 22-25. I am not interested in the whole springbreak thing! We would like something with a big nice secluded beach and lots of water sports. We would like the resort to not be too big and it would be nice if you didn't have to walk far from your room to the beach. We want romantic paradise. Also would like things to do off the resort(water activities and night life related). Something with a choice of good restuarants. Was looking at the sandals resorts but am very unsure.
Old Oct 23rd, 2005, 07:33 PM

Look into the Sunset Jamaice Grande. In doing my research this seems like a good place. Haven't been to Jamaice but think this is where we (girlfriend and I 30's) are headed. Great deal on airjamaice.com
Going Dec. 5th for 5 nights.
Old Oct 23rd, 2005, 07:34 PM

Look into the Sunset Jamaice Grande. In doing my research this seems like a good place. Haven't been to Jamaica but think this is where we (girlfriend and I 30's) are headed. Great deal on airjamaice.com
Going Dec. 5th for 5 nights.
Old Oct 24th, 2005, 04:53 PM

We have been almost all of the Sandals Resorts and loved them all. We will be spending 2 weeks at the Sandals Regencyin St.Lucia (2nd time at this resort) in Feb. Spent 2 weeks at the Sandals Whitehouse last feb and "LOVED" that resort.If you have a ?'s about any ofthe Sandals resorts feel free to email me at [email protected] and i will be glad to answer them.
Old Oct 25th, 2005, 12:17 PM

You can also get great info on www.tropictravelonline.com
Old Oct 29th, 2005, 03:25 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the help!! Decided against Sandals. We are now looking for something in the Riviera Maya area. Any suggestions?
Old Oct 29th, 2005, 06:44 PM

YOu don't say when you are going. The Riviera Maya just took a BIG hit from Hurricane Wilma. We are going to the Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar in Riviera Maya on Dec.24th. We are hoping that it is back in shape by then as it withstood a lot of damage. Secrets Carpi and Secrets Excellence in Riviera Maya are both adults only AI resorts.We went to Secrets Excellence in Punta Cana and loved it.
Old Oct 30th, 2005, 02:16 PM

If you're interested in Riviea Maya, look at the Aventura Spa Palace. Again, not sure when you're going, but part of it is already opened, there was minimal damage. I'm going there in 3 weeks, will post my thoughts then.
Old Oct 31st, 2005, 05:37 PM
Original Poster

Thanks guys! I am going beginning of March!! I heard Secrets Capri doesn't have a great beach or water to swim in. I want to spend the majority of my time on the beach, therefore thinking about ruling it out?? I am also thinking about the El Dorado Royale or Seaside suites or maybe even Paradisus. If anybody has any suggestions they would be much appreciated. Again really want a great non-crowded beach and swimmable ocean.
Old Nov 16th, 2005, 09:23 AM

We went to the Riu Palace in Playa del Carmen in May and were extremely impressed. Beautiful beach, wonderful food, excellent service and staff and gorgeous grounds. Our room was very clean and had a great view. I would highly recommend it. You can visit all of the other four Riu resorts around the Riu Palace but none of the guests from those other four resorts can visit the Riu Palace. There isn't much for nightlife at the resort but there is a club/disco across the street at one of the other Riu resorts. They did have shows every night that ended at 11pm. They had vendors that came in and set up in the courtyard every other night. The little village of Playa del Carmen is about a 3 minute cab ride - which is where Senor Frogs is and where you can catch the ferry to Cozumel. If you have any other questions you can email me at [email protected]. I also have pictures I can send you if you would like to see it. Their website is www.riu.com. Hope this helps.
Elisha
Old Nov 16th, 2005, 01:55 PM

The resort in Cancun and all around it will be having construction due to Wilma.It might be kind of loud. I just cancelled my vaction there and went to Aruba.We loved it there. Great food.Romantic too.
Think about Bahamas too.They have lots of water sport and very nice beaches.We have stayed at Our Lacaya Resort in Grand Bahamas.It has it's own beach. Across the street there is a Marina with great seafood inexpensive.The food in the hotel is okay.I hope this helps a little.
Oh,If you are going in Hurricane season Aruba is a safe bet. Good luck!!
Old Nov 16th, 2005, 02:35 PM

the rui palace in cancun is very romatic and close to alot of things to do for people in your age group, 7 restuants, great place for couples , no spring breakers allowed
Old Nov 28th, 2005, 01:45 PM

Hi:
4 of us stayed at what was then Robinson Club Tulum. I think it is now Club Maeva Tulum. It was excellent! Great food and awesome beach with kayaks and windsurfing.

The beach was quiet (went at end of March) and we always found a shady spot, close enough to sun to get as much as we wanted.

I'm not sure if it's under new management. Perhaps check other boards.

There was a lot to do during the day..Xcaret, Xel-Ha, Mayan Ruins, etc. Not much to do at night nearby, but Playa del Carmen is only about 10-15 minutes north by cab.

The further south you go, the quieter it will be and also better snorkeling, etc.

Have fun.
Old Nov 29th, 2005, 09:01 AM

Areas further south of Playa del Carmen weren't affected nearly as much by hurricane Wilma as was Playa del Carmen and northward to Cancun.

There are some wonderful resorts in that area along with beautiful beaches and some have on site snorkeling and some are even all adult resorts, so you may want to look into that area and if you want Playa del Carmen is just a short collectivo or taxi ride away. The area south of Playa del Carmen also tends not to be such party central and not nearly as commercialized as Cancun.