Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

All Inclusive recommendations for Mommy getaway!!!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30th, 2009, 07:53 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A group of 7 stressed out and tired Mommies are looking for a fabulous (but affordable) all inclusive resort in the Carribean. We are considering November 2009 or February-March 2010. We want to be beach front with a swim up bar! Of course we would like good restaurants too! Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Old Jan 31st, 2009, 07:44 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Affordable to one person may not be affordable to another. What is your price range. Do you want adults only??
Old Feb 7th, 2009, 07:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Besides merlin's blatant advertising, the Bahanas may not be warm enough for swimming in Feb/March.
Look into AI resorts in Punta Cana and the Mexican Riviera Maya. Good prices, great service and warm weather.
Old Feb 7th, 2009, 02:13 PM

Hi Stressed 7,

We have stayed at the (now) Sheraton Cable Beach in Nassau twice..It offers all inclusive which means your cost is known up-front - you don't have to look at prices on the menu when you dine. The restaurants were great, the beach is beautiful and very big, with lots of beach entertainment if you want it. We never left the resort except to check out the shopping in town one morning. Bahamas is a quick flight which means more beach time - as for weather, not sure about November, but March is perfect there. As for the mommy factor - if you are booking a trip this far ahead for March 2010 - trip insurance is a must. Good luck - every good mommy deserves a beach break!!
Old Feb 7th, 2009, 03:19 PM

Stressed out mommies-
I feel your pain (a distant memory but you don't forget it!). In my opinion, I would definitely be thinking November (with trip insurance jic) in the Riviera Maya area. We are not AI people so I cannot advise you but there are lots of people on here who can. There are alot of options around Playa del Carmen and I remember lots of restaurants and some good shopping if you need a few hours out of the sun. We went a few years ago in mid November and the weather and water temps were perfect! I love the out islands of the Bahamas but February and March are too cold there for me. Mexico is much more reasonably priced than most things in the Bahamas anyway. I wonder if you posted again with something like "Playa del Carmen AI's- need advice" if you would get more hits or go to http://locogringo.com for lots of info on Mexico.
If you are set on going in February or March, go farther south than the Bahamas- many people on this forum can advise you about places. Enjoy!
Old Feb 8th, 2009, 08:30 AM

Both trips we took to the Bahamas in March were delightful weather - mid 80's -- it is the beginning of their summer....Perfect, not too hot!! I have traveled several times using VacationstoGo.com - It is an extremely reliable travel service and they break things down into price range, AI's, Resorts, Cruises, etc....Log on and sign up for e-mails - they send something regularly with specials...If you find something you like, I have always felt safer calling and dealing with a rep - who will stick with you from beginning to end, rather than just booking online..We have used them including the airfare for total packages, and have also used them for the hotel/food and then booked our own air - since they do not offer every available flight choice. Check them out, you will be pleasantly surprised....