All-inclusive Honeymoon

Jul 12th, 2005, 06:51 PM
Original Poster

All-inclusive Honeymoon

A well-traveled girl is marrying a homebound boy.

If you had to go to an all-inclusive in the Caribbean to be completely pampered, yet not attacked by the overly-spirited "club-medish" staff...

...to be well-fed in quality restaurants, to experience some adventure, some culture, while my fiance sits on a beautiful beach sipping a cocktail with a pink umbrella...where would you go...

...help?
Jul 12th, 2005, 07:15 PM

I would not recommend an all inclusive for a honeymoon where you want great food.
Anguilla has beautiful beaches and great food. (Look into Cap Jaluca)
St. Barts is raved about for being a great place to go or should I say "thee" place to go.
St.John is supposed to be beautiful with great beaches. (Caneel Bay Resort)
Peter Island only allows children at certain times(christmas break I think). This an exclusive island for couples only vacations. This would be all inclusive(I think).
Just trying to give a variety of ideas....Antigua has Jumby Bay which is all inclusive. Antigua has many beaches to explore or you can just sit around. St Lucia has a resort that was owned by Hilton, but just changed hands it was called the Jalouise Hilton. It has a spectacular setting between two mountains. This is a very lush island. I have not heard great things about the food.
I have not been to these places, just read about them.
I have been and can recommend Bermuda as a beautiful island for a honeymoon (May thru Oct) with good food and most places require you to be on their meal plan. (breakfast and dinner plan)The Fairmont Southhampton and the Elbow Beach are the most luxurious properties. For a nice smaller resort(no tv's) the Reefs club.
In Aruba, you have great restaurants and I would recommend the Hyatt as being the most plush resort. We stayed at the Marriott and it was very nice, but the Hyatt looked nicer. This would have some nightlife with gambling and party buses if you choose. A smaller resort with very few children, would be the Bucuti.
Hopefully I have given you some places to look into. Have fun choosing.
Jul 13th, 2005, 05:08 AM

Peter Island Resort
Jul 13th, 2005, 05:36 AM

If you want an all inclusive for a honeymoon, look into the Secrets resorts. They are adults only and cater to honeymooners. There is Secrets Excellence in Punta Cana and also a Secrets Excellence in Mexico's Riviera Maya. There is also Secrets Capri in the Riviera Maya.
Jul 13th, 2005, 06:48 AM

We are going to Peter Island for part of our honeymoon in October. It's not "all inclusive", but it includes your meals, just not your drinks. I have heard very good things about the resort and can't wait to go!
Jul 13th, 2005, 06:49 AM

Though not in the Caribbean...look into the Hawaiian island of Kauai.The Princeville Resort and the Hyatt are 2 nice resorts.Kauai is a beautiful island with plenty to do but not overwhelming with things to do.My favorite island experience so far is Kauai.I have been to Aruba and St John also.Good luck!!
Jul 13th, 2005, 07:16 AM

First check with a travel agent in your area. They can offer honeymoon packages that we would never hear about.

Secondly you might try www.where2stay.com for pictures and info on just about every resort in the carribean and the info usually includes the rates for high and low season.

I can personally recommend a couple of nice places that would include food but not drinks and you can just buy whatever you want at a local store and keep it in your room.

Try these:

www.romorabay.com (they offer honeymoon pacakges)
www.rockhousebahamas.com
www.coralsands.com
www.runawayhill.com (no kids)

All of these are on Harbour Island which is now THE place to go. Lots of good restaurants on island, and one of the MOST beautiful beaches in the world.

Have a great time whereever you end up going.
Jul 17th, 2005, 03:23 PM
Original Poster

Wow..this is all sounds great.

Could you tell me a little more about JUmby Bay and Harbor Island??? Pros and cons?

Is there much to do at night?
Jul 17th, 2005, 03:41 PM

Have you considered the Paraiso de la Bonita on the Riviera Maya? The One & Only Ocean Club in the Bahamas? St. Barts is always a good choice, too.

Best Regards,
Julia
Jul 19th, 2005, 03:55 PM
Original Poster

A friend just recommended St. John...has anyone stayed there? Coco de Mer or the Westin?
Jul 19th, 2005, 04:46 PM

I do know of an all-inclusive with great food and great service. It's Curtain Bluff on Antigua. Lovely accomodations, two great beaches (Atlantic and Caribbean side), everything done right. If you are not committed to an all-inclusive, try our favorite place in the Caribbean -- Cap Juluca on Anguilla. All of the above, with even nicer accomodations and super-romantic. Very good food at the resort, with some truly wonderful restaurants around the island.
Enjoy!
Jul 19th, 2005, 05:07 PM

Young Island St.Vincent Grenadines
Jul 19th, 2005, 05:56 PM

steph:
Hi..I have been to St John.We rented a villa though.The Westin looks real nice.Also check out Caneel Resort.The beaches on Caneel Resort are much nicer than the Westin's beach.

The main choice for accomodations on St John is villa rentals.I can recommend a few sites for you to check out if you would like to rent a villa.
www.vavacations.com
www.caribbeanvilla.com
www.caribbeanway.com

Alot of them offer a pool,jacuzzi or both.I would recommend that you rent one with AC as St John can be hot.Good luck.

Jul 28th, 2005, 07:31 PM
Original Poster

Thank you for the great recommendations. My only concern now is traveling in July and what the weather may bring...
Jul 29th, 2005, 07:17 AM
mm

Hey, call me old fashioned but to me some things on a Honeymoon are best done by the couple themself no matter how 'all-inclusive' a resort.

mm