All Inclusive for 28yr old couple

Old Aug 18th, 2004, 12:53 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All Inclusive for 28yr old couple

I am a fairly experienced Carribbean traveler who has never done an AI. My husband and I are looking to get a great deal at a AI in late October. We want a great beach, upscale resort, good food and service. We don't necessarily need a/c, tv, or marble bathrooms. We need somewhere that we can recover from a busy and stressful summer (unfortunately we didn't have any down time this summer!) Of course I would like to get a great deal at a spectacular resort- but will settle for a relaxing vacation as long as I can get the right price. I am not interested in a cookie cutter Sandals type resort. Previously we have spent big $$ on vacations - and we are looking to spend less on this vacation so I was considering Jamaica, Dominican Republic and Mexico. Any suggestions?
Old Aug 18th, 2004, 01:37 PM

My fiance and i are 28 and spent a great week at Half Moon in Jamaica in March. Its not cheap but you can get probably get a good deal going off season. The food options are quite good and as it is spread out, there is ample space to find a private beach area to just 'be'....
Old Aug 18th, 2004, 01:57 PM
Sunnyboy

You'll find lots of AI's in all price ranges in and around Playa Del Carmen. Post your question on the Latin American board. Also use the search (try entering "Playa Del Carmen", "PDC" and "Riveria Maya") you'll get tons of information.

Old Aug 18th, 2004, 02:09 PM

I have not stayed in any of these places but have heard good things about them:

Jamaica:
Sans Souci Resort
Couples Swept Away
Jamaica Inn

St. Lucia:
Ti Kaye
Ladera

Mayan Riviera:
Royal Hideaway
Secrets Capri
Secrets Excellence Playa Del Carmen (new resort)

Check for reviews on tripadvisor.com.
Old Aug 18th, 2004, 05:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Secrets Excellence in Punta Cana, DR is very relaxing. Great pool, big uncrowded beach. There are activities if you want to join in or you can just lay there and do nothing.
Old Sep 3rd, 2004, 04:25 PM

Last October my husband and I spent a week at The Caves in Negril, Jamaica. It was the most perfect place we have ever been as a couple. It is all inclusive. The food was spectacular. The resort is small, so we became very friendly with the other couples. I think we spent about $450 per night for the two of us off season - and it was well worth it.
Old Sep 5th, 2004, 07:16 AM

If you really want a quiet relaxing vacation consider Mount Nevis Hotel and Beach Club in Nevis, West Indies. Excellent reviews at Trip Advisor and good packages with aavacations.com (American Airlines packages). However, I do not know if they offer A-I but the rates are very reasonable and the scenery is gorgeous.