All-inclusive?

Dec 2nd, 2001, 07:14 PM
Melissa

All-inclusive?

We're starting to look into taking our first big family vacation with an 8, 5 and 3 year old. Any suggestions on A) is inclusive the way to go? If yes, which ones..if no any other suggestions?

Dec 3rd, 2001, 09:27 AM
Dawn

Check out Beaches.com- here it is a great family resort.

Dec 3rd, 2001, 10:21 AM
Kim

I agree Beaches is just the place for a family.Their are 2 one in Jamaica and 1
in Turks & Caicos both great resorts and yes, all inclusive is the only way to go with kids.

Dec 3rd, 2001, 01:01 PM
Penney

I also vote for Beaches. We went to the one in Turks and Caicos and it was very lovely. Great facilites for children and adults as well.

Negril also has two Beaches REsorts so you can sty at one but play, eat, etc.... at both so you get alot for your money.

Dec 3rd, 2001, 05:27 PM
Jeremy

I say negative for Beaches.
Unless you want to feel like your in america and completley get away from the island feeling.
The service is very cold and the food is mediocre if not bad.

Dec 3rd, 2001, 07:42 PM
MaryA

Melissa,
All-inclusive is the way to go if 1)you eat and drink (alcohol) a good deal 2)you don't mind eating at least one or two meals a day at your resort (note the number of restaurants available for variety-sometimes only 1 or 2) and/or 3)you enjoy the convenience of not having to budget for meals and drinks.

It may not be the way to go if you are generally light eaters/drinkers or you expect to be away from your resort quite a bit which may mean you are paying for meals outside the resort anyway.

In some destinations like Playa Del Carmen, most of the resorts are all-inclusive or like Grand Cayman, most are not. So that may end up playing a role in your decision as well.

You didn't really say enough about what you are looking for to make a suggestion of a particular resort but hopefully the suggestions above will help.

Dec 5th, 2001, 07:27 AM
Dolli

We have always taken our vacations all-inclusive. I love the convenience and with kids, it really is nice. Some feel they're not getting the island experience but there's nothing saying you can't venture outside the resort if we want to. But when on the resort, you don't have to carry money. Where do you think you might want to go?

Dec 5th, 2001, 08:07 AM
Penny

The Franklyn D Resort in Jamaica is also very good for families. They assign a "Girl Friday" that is with you the length of your stay. If you find that is too expensive, then you might consider Iberostar's Tucan in the Cancun area. They have bungalow's for families....But I must say for famalies the all inclusive plan is really the most cost effective. Playing on the beach, swimming, etc....makes everybody hungry, and snacks are included (burgers, hotdogs, frys, etc....)