Search

airfare

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18th, 2002, 08:25 AM
diane

airfare

we are traveling to st.lucia end of april, 2003 and are having a hard time finding a flight out of chicago for under $1,000. we need air only. any suggestions?

Old Sep 18th, 2002, 09:07 AM
Davis

Was the $1K with Air Jamica? Or did you try them? That does seem somewhat expensive for the end of April to me.

Old Sep 18th, 2002, 09:11 AM
lawren

It is Easter week / spring break week.<BR><BR>Register with travelocity and they'll notify you of price drops in the airfare. They probably won't start those until January or so.

Old Sep 18th, 2002, 09:15 AM
Lorraine

to Diane-<BR><BR>I was looking to travel from NYC down to Caribbean beginning of May and the airfares are crazy close to $800 on American. I'm hoping they go down. I avoided the Easter week recess that many schools have.

Old Sep 18th, 2002, 09:41 AM
Kay

Way too early, guys.<BR>Anyone booking this far in advance will get mediocre prices at best.

Old Sep 18th, 2002, 09:48 AM
Nancy

I agree with Kay.<BR>The airlines wait to sell as many tickets to whomever will pay the high prices in advence (not me , and then release their fare sales later.<BR>Although it can be tough on the nerves to wait, I've never been disappointed except for one year when I wanted to go to Mexico at Christmas.<BR>I go to the Caribbean every April and wait to get the best fares until 6 weeks - or less - before I leave.

Old Sep 18th, 2002, 03:44 PM
steve

We went last December and paid $1100 from St. Louis. We connected in San Juan (on American). It's a loooong flight. But, we loved St. Lucia.