Jet Blue Terminal-San Juan

Sep 17th, 2002, 06:37 AM
Lorraine

Jet Blue Terminal-San Juan

Has anyone flown Jet Blue from NYC to San Juan? How far is the Jet Blue terminal from the American Terminal?
I am thinking about flying Jet Blue to San Juan and then transferring over to American Eagle to fly to other islands. I am familiar with the San Juan airport but have not been since Jet Blue started up service at the end of May.

Sep 18th, 2002, 07:26 AM
x

Unless a new terminal was built since last December there is only one terminal building at the airport.

Sep 18th, 2002, 07:58 AM
Joan

I think that if you are checking any luggage it is a pain in the neck using 2 different carriers. If you use American Airlines your luggage is checked thru to your final destination without any hassle.

Sep 18th, 2002, 08:44 AM
Anna

AA has its own terminal as you may know. The other carriers land at a separate terminal way over on the other side (I would guess that Jet Blue lands at the other terminal, not the AA terminal) - if you have short layover or your plane is late in landing, you will have to run like hell to get your connection all the way over and downstairs - remember American Eagle is at the far end and down the stairs of the AA terminal. If you have a long layover, it should not be a problem although it will be quite a walk. By the way, what sort of fare are you getting between JFK/SJU om Jet Blue? I am curious as I do that route from time to time.

Sep 18th, 2002, 10:13 AM
Lorraine

Thanks for the responses-

To Anna: this is for travel next April/May but it was only approximately $350 RT on Jet Blue and on AA it was $492 for the same time. In my research, I have found if you are just going to San Juan from JFK-Jet Blue is cheaper. I do realize that it would be a pain at San Juan to change airlines, luggage etc. and then coming back going through customs etc. But $744 to fly from NYC to St. Kitts is alot especially buying the ticket now far in advance. We flew this in May and booked in March and it was around $540. It would be cheaper to buy the JFK/SJU tickets on Jet Blue and then buy the SJU to SKB tickets on American Eagle.
Jet Blue has a special right now on their website for $99 one way travel between JFK and SJU.

Sep 18th, 2002, 10:37 AM
Anna

Excellent Lorraine. Thanks for the good tips! I am a frequent flier on AA but always open to alternatives. Have fun in St Kitts - went there for the first time last Sept and enjoyed it.

Sep 18th, 2002, 05:00 PM
Travelpro

There has always been two terminals at San Juan. The main one and the one adjacent to it that handles the smaller planes.

Sep 18th, 2002, 05:30 PM
Travelpro too

Okay, that's one terminal with several concourses!AA on the left side and the others on the right!

Sep 18th, 2002, 08:22 PM
Travelpro1

The terminals are not connected although they might be now since I remember coming in on Co and transfering to AEagle and walking through some construction recently. They were always seperate and one could access the B terminal only by walking outside. Do you remember the shack that was the original terminal for the small planes down by where Gate 1 must be now? That didn't even have a name or a letter!