Search

Air Jamaica

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8th, 2005, 12:20 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Air Jamaica

I had some trepidation given previous posts, so I am pleased to report that our flights (Saturday departures, round trip Baltimore to Montego Bay) were without incident. They were on time, luggage arrived promptly, and we were treated to champagne and a free movie on the way home. The breakfast on the way was awful, but I attribute that to BWI. Dinner on the return flight wasn’t bad, even included callaloo and a decent roll. Long lines at immigration on arrival in Montego Bay; virtually no lines at BWI.
One snag on departure: 2 of us had tickets on Delta (same flight), and since the return had changed to include a stop in Kingston, we had to have those tickets reissued by Delta. That entailed two very long walks to/from the different terminals to straighten it out. Luckily, we had arrived with the requisite 2.5 hours before our flight left.
Old Aug 8th, 2005, 08:04 PM

Glad your flights turned out fine. I flew out of BWI in late May on the non-stop, got to the airport at 5:30am and the flight did not leave until late evening. I bought a ticket on AA that cost a fortune last minute but when I arrived via BWI-MIA-MBJ at 8pm that night, I was told that the BWI flight was not scheduled to arrive until 2am.
Old Oct 24th, 2005, 03:00 PM

I've got another thread on a related topic, but wondered if anyone else had similar problems to live2traveltoo out of BWI on AJ.

Thanks!

Mary in D.C.
Old Oct 24th, 2005, 03:27 PM

just did a quick google search and the chairman of AJ says they are working to get things back on track but it did not sounds like an overly confident statement; would appreciate any recent experience out of BWI (live2traveltoo was not that long ago).

Thanks,

Mary
Old Oct 25th, 2005, 02:29 AM

We had 2 guests arrive yesterday from BWI via AJ without problem.
Old Oct 25th, 2005, 08:44 AM

thanks; of course their appeal is a nonstop flight out of BWI, but if they are unreliable, the downside is that you potentially lose a day (or worse).

any other thoughts welcome,

Mary
Old Oct 25th, 2005, 09:49 AM

Mary:trip/travel cancellation insurance is a wise travel safeguard and can protect your investment, flights to rentals, etc. See www.insuremytrip.com and Travel Guard International at www.travelguard.com
Old Oct 25th, 2005, 10:36 AM

good point on the travel insurance; because I'm in a big market, I also have other choices on the airline (and also airport) I use.

Thanks!

Mary
Old Oct 25th, 2005, 11:03 AM

This subject comes up on Bonaire Talk ( http://www.bonairetalk.com/cgi-local....cgi?pg=topics ) since most Bonaire travelers stop at Montego Bay on the way there. Go to the 'Getting to Bonaire' topic.
Old Oct 25th, 2005, 01:35 PM

thanks Roberto--I'll check it out

Mary
Old Oct 27th, 2005, 04:01 AM
KDR

We flew AJ out of BWI with no problems in January. Flight out of BWI was on time, service just fine. Flight home out of MB was delayed a couple of hours, but we were partly to blame for our extra time in the airport b/c we didn't call and check on the status before leaving Negril, and the delay was known at that time. Personally, I think your odds of trouble are greater if you go with another airline that requires a stop, especially if traveling during storm season. I prefer the direct on AJ.
Kym