Search

AI playa del carmen

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17th, 2007, 03:12 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AI playa del carmen

I am traveling with two tweens, mostly interested in snorkeling, seeing the ruins,swimming. Can someone recommend a good AI that is beachfront. I was looking at Iberrostar Paraiso Beach; mixed reviews kind of spooked me. Any advise would be welcome
Old Aug 18th, 2007, 03:34 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
We stayed at the IB Paraiso Del Mar which is the "sister" to the IB Beach. They share all facilities, etc.
WE had a great time and loved it. There is not good snorkeling right at the resort, but you can book snorkeling excursions.
There are LOTS of activities at the resort throughout the day to keep your tweens busy. There is also a teen disco for the nights.
If you want snorkeling right at the resort, check out the Barcelo.
Old Aug 18th, 2007, 09:41 AM
Original Poster

Thanks...we were planning on doing snorkeling excursions but I wanted to have a nice beach for swimming/relaxing.in your opinion were the facilities too crowded? I read several postings and people remarked that they were unable to get reservations at any of the resort restaurants and the buffets had no A/C so it was uncomfortable. Kids don't care, but I do!!
Old Aug 18th, 2007, 03:43 PM

We were there during Christmas week and the resorts were fully booked.
We never felt crowded. We made our three ala carte dinner reservations as soon as we arrived. You are right...the buffets are not air conditioned, but we were never too warm. I guess it depends on what time of the year you are going.
The resort is so big that it never seems crowded. We never had trouble getting lounge chairs on the beach or by the pool.
Old Aug 18th, 2007, 03:44 PM

HI- I stayed at Royal Hideaway, in Playa del Carmen. It was superb. No buffets, and each villa has there own concierge to make dinner, excursion plans. we did not get to go snorkeling because of the wind when we were there. I would check it out because it is very quiet and nit sure if it would be the right spot for kids. Best of Luck, Julie
Old Aug 18th, 2007, 06:06 PM

harleysmom is traveling with teens. Since Royal Hideaway is advertised as adults only, that can not happen. Even if they accept a couple tweens, they would be bored to tears there. Plus...there beach is in terrible shape right now.
Of coures, after Hurricane Dean hits the whole area might be a mess.
Old Aug 19th, 2007, 08:36 AM
Original Poster

thanks for the feedback; I feel better about booking...although, I will wait for Dean-hopefully damange won't be too bad.
Old Aug 20th, 2007, 09:37 AM

Check out the Barcelo Tropical/ Colonial. Best beach on RM, excellent snorkeling right off the beach, AC in restaurants, we loved it.