Search

Activities

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23rd, 2002, 06:33 PM
Anna

Activities

I am going to Negril for my honeymoon in Sept and was hoping to get some insight on good tours/adventures/day trips....<BR>We are extremely excited about our trip and we are trying to get a much info as possible...<BR>Thanks for any suggestions,<BR>Anna

Old Jun 24th, 2002, 05:38 AM
Bud

If you do some research, you will find that Jamaica is not a safe place. Crime has become rampant even outside the cities. I would not venture too far from the resort. Many negative postings on Jamaica recently. If you are looking for more info, use a search engine on Jamaica. Visited Jamaica some years ago. Would not return.

Old Jun 24th, 2002, 08:34 AM
Christine

Anna -<BR><BR>Don't buy into what Bud is trying to sell you. My husband and I went on our honeymoon this past December and stayed at Grand Lido in Negril. We LOVED it. It was our second trip to Jamaica and we are going again in August. I live in Baltimore and Jamaica is really no more dangerous my city. Just use your head and don't wander into unknown areas at night (do what you would do in an unfamiliar city here in the US.) We loved our resort and stuck around there most of the time. We did go to Rick's one evening to watch the sunset and the cliff divers - it was so much fun! Your hotel will be able to provide you with a list of activities and excursions. I would use the hotel's pre-planned trips as opposed to venturing out on your own (again because you are in an unfamiliar place.) Jamaica is a wonderful country with great people. My husband and I are extremely cautious people and would never go anywhere that was dangerous.

Old Jun 26th, 2002, 01:25 AM
tivertonhouse

Contact Carolyn Barrett at [email protected] for island-wide privately-guided excursions, explorations off the beaten track in Jamaica. Ask for her sampler via return e-mail, tho everything can be customized to your interests, timeframe and personalities.

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 11:32 AM
bUdNip

<BR>For day trips in Negril try Tedds on stop Shroomboom