Abaco Questions - Treasure Cay, Green Turtle Cay

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16th, 2004, 05:41 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Treasure Cay Hotel and Resort - how far to the beach? Are there chairs/umbrellas for hotel guests on the beach? And is it the type of place you have to get to the beach at 7am to "claim" your chair? Same questions for Green Turtle Club and Bluff House. Thanks.
Old Nov 16th, 2004, 06:54 AM

While I've been to the Abacos, I've never visited Treasure Cay or Green Turtle. Having said that I can't imagine either area being the type to have to 'claim' a beach site. That's why people go there. You can also post here:

http://coconuttelegraph.net/forums/index.php?
Old Nov 16th, 2004, 02:31 PM

Treasure Cay beach photos were recently posted at this thread:

http://coconuttelegraph.net/forums/showthread.php?t=586
Old Nov 17th, 2004, 03:12 AM

I've visited Green Turtle Cay by sailboat and anchored just off the Green Turtle Club (which is just across the harbor from Bluff House). Each has a tiny (and I suspect artificial) beach on the harbor, which may have beach chairs (I just don't recall, since I happened to be there during a freak week when it rained constantly). But the major beach -- on the ocean -- is a few minutes' walk away, and there are no beach chairs there. Heck, there are hardly even people on the beach, much less "amenities."

While the GTC and Bluff House are "resorts," they in no way resemble the mega-all-inclusive resorts of some of the more traveled islands. People don't travel to the Out Islands for that -- as RobertoB wrote, they come here to get away from it all. If you want a chair and umbrella, your best bet is to bring your own (or plan to buy once you arrive).
Old Nov 18th, 2004, 07:30 AM

We stayed at Green Turtle Club a few years ago. The beach is definitely artificial. When you go in the water the bottom is muck. Not much of a beach at Bluff House but nice view. Not much to do and see on Green Turtle Cay. You ride around in golf carts. The beaches were really disappointing--filled with trash and seaweed etc. I would opt for Treasure Cay. Lovely beach and more to do. Will say the food at Green Turtle Club was very good.