Search

A Tourist Joke

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11th, 1999, 09:20 PM
Decent Tropical

A Tourist Joke

A man died and when he faced the heavenly tribunal they told him that they would show him both heaven and hell and that he could then decide where he wanted to go. <BR> <BR>Much to his surprise, heaven appeared shabby, decrepit and boring and hell appeared to be a paradise unlike anything he'd ever seen so he thought the obvious choice was hell. <BR> <BR>The man was in for quite a shock when he got to the firey snake-pit that was really hell and he exclaimed, "What is this! This isn't the hell you showed me!" <BR> <BR>The heavenly tribunal replied: <BR> <BR>"Then you were a tourist. Now you are a resident!"

Old Aug 12th, 1999, 07:21 AM
Cheri

Hey Decent, go to where2stay.com general area and put that "Cute but Poor" lady in her place. She's looking for bisexual partners on the travel board. I think you could probably deal with her better than anyone else!

Old Aug 12th, 1999, 09:19 AM
cleo

I am soo ready to this!!! Cheri, good idea!! <BR>

Old Aug 12th, 1999, 11:04 AM
Cheri

I'm serious! I think Decent could deal with this topic better than any of us, unfortunately he didn't answer me.

Old Aug 12th, 1999, 11:33 PM
Decent Tropical

Cheri, <BR> <BR>Your post really should have been emailed to me as it was off-topic. You didn't even say what you thougt of my joke. <BR> <BR>You posted at 11:21 a.m. suggesting that I respond to a post on the where2stay board. Then, at 3:04 p.m., not even four hours later,you say, "..unfortunately he didn't answer me." <BR> <BR>Now I know that I've been spending a lot of time at this forum, but you don't really expect me to be here round-the-clock at all times, do you? <BR> <BR>I'm flattered (I think) that you thought of me but please be reasonable. <BR> <BR>Sorry to disappoint you, but I don't bother with the where2stay forums anymore b/c I find the format and interfacing very inefficient and tedious. I've got plenty of fish to fry here and at the newsgroups I participate in. <BR>

Old Aug 13th, 1999, 03:49 AM
Nth-Gen

I just thought I'd take a moment to register an opinion ... <BR> <BR>I found many of Decent's comments mildly irritating. I found "The Tourist Joke" mildly humorous. I found the responses mildly mean spirited. <BR> <BR>If forced to choose between the three, I vote for the joke. <BR> <BR>--- <BR> <BR>Join the Nth-Generation: Say No To Hate! <BR>

Old Aug 13th, 1999, 04:57 AM
jim

I agree mostly with Nth-gen. Good joke, Decent. As for the bisexual woman looking for company, I'd suggest that you reply to her if you are interested, but don't bother her if you're not. I find that what makes this world an interesting place is all the different people with different outlooks on life (yes, that includes Decent Tropical). I don't happen to share his views on many things, but you have to admit that he is an interesting character, and from the responses that he gets on this board, you'd have to agree that he is in the minority of the people that post on these boards. To me, that does not make his opinions any less valuable, they are just different. I respect him for sticking by his convictions. I don't think he's trying to convert everyone on this board to agree with him necessarily, he's just stating his views (which is what we're all doing, really). <BR> <BR>- Jim

Old Aug 13th, 1999, 06:49 AM
Cheri

Fortunately where2 stay had the good taste to remove the post.

Old Aug 13th, 1999, 01:07 PM
Decent Tropical

Thanks for the kind words Jim. <BR> <BR>I never read the post referred to, so could someone summarize it for me? <BR> <BR>After some of the things I've said here, why would anyone think that I would pursue a casual sexual encounter with someone, bisexual or not?

Old Aug 13th, 1999, 01:42 PM
Decent Tropical

After some of the things I said, why would anyone think that I would pursue a casual sexual encounter, bi-sexual or otherwise.

Old Aug 15th, 1999, 09:27 AM
Cheri

Whoa Decent, you seem to have a comprehension problem. I found the post offensive on the other board and thought that you might have the savvy to put the poster in their place better than some of us could. It was a compliment. However, it is a moot point because the webmaster had the good sense and kindness to remove it. <BR> <BR>BTW, I thought your joke was so-so. There is a similar joke where Bill Gates dies and goes to heaven and it is just so so and hell is a gorgeous Caribbean island with all the trimmings and so he opts for hell. When he gets there it turns out to be hellfire and brimstone and screaming people in agony. He asks what happened to the beach and they told him it was just a screensaver....

Old Aug 15th, 1999, 05:36 PM
Decent Tropical

Cheri, <BR> <BR>Thank you for replying. I originally thought that was what you meant which is why I said that I was flattered that you thought of me. But then, after reading some of the other posts which came after yours, it seemed to me like perhaps you meant something else. <BR> <BR>I apologize for the misunderstanding. <BR> <BR>LOL@ the Bill Gates joke!