A quiet but not boring honeymoon..

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4th, 2003, 10:48 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are looking for a nice quiet but not boring AI for our Oct 13-21 honeymoon in Jamaica, I don't want to be nagged if I go on the beach either..We have been looking at Coupes Negril, Swept Away, and (last in my opinion) Sandals Negril...I need to convince my fiancee Couples is the way to go but he is afraid he will get borred....Any advice would be really helpful....
Old Jun 4th, 2003, 12:20 PM

If you are set on Jamaica, have you thought about the Grand Lido Negril. As far as AI's go, I think they are among the better end. No one in your face to go and do activities, but they are there if you so choose. You will get quite the discussion on the board about AI's, but I do think that for a worry and hassle free Carib vacation they work, especially after the stress of a wedding. We enjoy Grand Lido, great guests there too. People on this board had said wonderful things about the guests, and they were right, we had the same experience.
Congrats--------the only caveat, Oct. is still hurricane season, but near the end from what I have heard on this board.
Old Jun 4th, 2003, 03:55 PM

Negril is not boring. We stayed at Swept Away in the fall for our honeymoon and very much enjoyed it - a very unique place. If you take advantage of all of the activity during the day - entertainment ends about 10:30 - you might then try one of the many spots on the beach for some late night fun.

To be honest, with a great fitness complex, all the water sports you need, SCUBA diving if you want, great food, all the drinks you want and lots of nice people around - it's a little hard to get bored.

I imagine you might also keep things interesting for him on your honeymoon?

Enjoy!

Old Jun 5th, 2003, 10:17 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the advice...definately somethings to think about...We aren't hard to please so I think we will have a blast no matter what but I do appriciate the insight as to what we can expect....Thanks again!!!!
B
Old Jun 6th, 2003, 06:05 AM

The beach at Swept Away is beautiful and huge. It never seems crowded and the water is perfect. We snorkeled twice a day there - not because there was so much to see but because I found it very relaxing. There are plenty of water sports to keep you busy. I also did the resort scuba which takes a whole day but was very well done. The resort is fairly quiet but maybe the two of you will venture towards town and explore a little. During the day, you can walk and walk and walk on the beach. At night, you can grab a cab to the cliffs and go to Rick's (if you like a drunk crowd) or go to Xtabi or Rockhouse (if you want a quieter sunset) There is plenty of nightlife along the beach closer to town. You could walk up and take a cab back. Some places provide free transportation if you call them.
Old Jun 7th, 2003, 08:46 AM

I would suggest Grand Lido Braco. It's outside of Ocho Rios and on the beach, all in clusive etc. It's part of the Super Clubs Chain and is probably one of their best properties. They activities are there if you want to do them and the beach and hammocks are even more inviting!! 8-)On our recent weekend get away stay there we were too lazy to do anything but just swing in the hammocks, sipping brown cows and pina coladas!quot;>
Old Jun 7th, 2003, 10:16 AM

I would echo the kudos for Swept Away. We honeymooned there and found it to be the most romantic spot we'ed ever been. There was absolutely as much activity or as little as you desired. Food and service was excellent. We did our own day trip into Negril with a driver and had a very wonderful day exploring.

I can't imagine what activity you may be looking for that Swept Away does not offer. We were generally so tired by the time late night arrived, entertainment was the last thing on our minds!
Old Jun 11th, 2003, 11:45 AM
CWE

Sweptaway is certainly a nice place to stay. We stayed at Sandals Negril the first time for our honeymoon and it was extremely clean and well maintained. My only critizism was that it was sorta like Disney World in the carribean. A little smaltzy for my taste. Everybody there, I mean EVERYBODY was on there honeymoon and had been married the Saturday before! Yet, the rooms were super nice and the food was good too. There is "no problem" walking down the beach off property but you WILL be approached by the locals at once. Suggest that you never tell any local that it is your first time in Jamaica.
Now, if you can live without all inclusive and want a little "adventure" then I recommend "THE BEACH CLUB" in Negril. It's located in the midst of a number of bars and restaurants up and down the beach and there is much "happening" all the time. The price is extremely reasonable as you will only pay for what you actually do- not for all kinds of all-inclusive that does not appeal to you. I have been to J many times and for the money and local color, I tell my friends to stay at the beach club. Irie. "you will come back here Mon".