Reload this Page >

A question on car seats in Bermuda

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15th, 2002, 06:36 AM
Stephanie

I hope I don't sound too stupid but this is our first time to Bermuda with a baby and traveling is the question. I know in CT we have to have a carseat for the baby (15 mos). Does anyone know if we have to have one in Bermuda or don't they use them. We will probably use taxi's and buses for travel. Greatly apprecited. Thanks

Old Jul 15th, 2002, 07:19 AM
Joan

Stephanie, we just got back from Bermuda and I don't know about the taxis, but we rode the bus a lot and didn't see any car seats. You might want to buy a combined ferry, bus pass. Seeing the island by ferry was a lot of fun. Have a great time!!!

Old Jul 15th, 2002, 09:00 AM
nina

Since you can't rent a car in Bermuda, you'll either be traveling by taxi or bus for sure (unless you rent a moped!). <BR>Just like here in the states, car seats are not used in buses or taxis.

Old Jul 18th, 2002, 12:24 PM
Lisa

Stephanie:<BR>Our son is 2 1/2 and has traveled with us to Bermuda and other places. We purchased a product called Sit & Stroll. It is a stroller/carseat/booster seat combination and works great. We would NEVER take a chance of not having our son travel safely. We also use this on the airplane (we started buying him his own seat at 1 1/2). It is the only seat that is FAA approved and it helps with keeping him seated for the plane ride. The sit & stroll is convenient because you don't have to bring a stroller & carseat. If you travel frequently I highly recommend the investment. I have lent it to several people who were amazed with it and bought it. I think I paid $175 online. Sorry to be so lengthy, hope this helped.

Old Jul 31st, 2002, 01:21 PM
Mark

We traveled in July 2002 w/child nearly 2 yrs old. We took bus/ferry most of time and couldn't imagine carrying a car seat. My wife was very concerned about safety as well. The speed limit is 20 MPH. We did not see anybody with a car seat during our trip.

Old Aug 1st, 2002, 06:06 PM
saleem

Stephanie,<BR><BR>Hopefully you have not left yet. I work in Bermuda and as fas as I know there is no law to have a carseat. You will be using public transport/Taxi's whie you are here and they definately don't have carseats.<BR><BR>Enjoy your visit.

Old Aug 5th, 2002, 05:01 AM
Tony

Tourists can not rent a car in Bermuda, just scooters...So your travel will be limited to a Taxi or Public Transit.