a night in st thomas?

Dec 27th, 2002, 08:03 PM
randolph

a night in st thomas?

my wife and i are spending 8 nights sailing and need a place to rest our heads for 24 hours afterwords in st thomas. we are docking at a marina between the airport and CA and would like to find something conveniently located to one or the other....something clean, comfortable, with a pool and maybe a beach (but definitely a pool!). any suggestions would be greatly appreciated....thanks!

Dec 27th, 2002, 08:42 PM
GM

Try the Inn at Blackbeard's Castle or BellaVista B&B. Both properties have pools (the Castle has 3); the Castle is a small hotel whereas BellaVista is definitely a B&B 'homey' type property. Both are near the area you are looking for; definitely NOT beachfront, but you could take a ride 10 mins away to Morningstar Beach. Check out their respective websites - hope this helps!

Dec 29th, 2002, 04:50 PM
info

The Best Western/Carib Bay Resort would be your best bet. It's located on a beautiful beach right by the airport and has a pool. I've NO investment in the place at all but I'm a longtime resident here and just looked them up in the telephone book. You can visit their website at caribbeachresort.com.
Do check it out as the location is perfect, given that you only have 24 hours of R&R and want something clean, comfortable, pool and beach. Cheers!

Dec 29th, 2002, 05:24 PM
info?

Thought the BW Carib was hillside closer to the terminal and that Emerald Beach was the one on the beach. Nice beach, is adjacent to the airport runway. Since St. Thomas is only 13 miles long nothing is too far from the airport. The Holiday Inn Windward Passage would be right on the Waterfront in Charlotte Amalie closer to your dock.

Dec 30th, 2002, 04:06 AM
info

Response to last post, both on Lindberg beach - website gives all information -Randolph will no doubt be docking at Crown Bay so Lindberg is perfect location. The Holiday Inn at Windward Passage is right on the waterfront road and nowhere near as attractive. Probably cheaper but basically houses travelling salesmen (no offense to them intended) and basically a U.S. Route 1 stopover.

Dec 30th, 2002, 06:29 AM
cdt

I agree that Lindbergh Bay makes the most sense and Best Western Emerald Beach is the best of the 3 choices there.

Island Beachcomber is adjacent to Emerald; Carib Beach is some distance from the best part of the beach. Both are pretty basic and cheaper than Emerald.

If you wanted to spend more money and go upscale, the Marriott (Frenchman's Reef and Morningstar) is the closest "nicer" beachfront resort - just a few miles away.