7Mile Beach Erosion Update

Old Apr 1st, 2004, 08:53 AM
Original Poster

7Mile Beach Erosion Update

Hello,
Has anyone just returned from Cayman Islands lately? Just wondering what the state of the beach is? We will be travelling there in June and are kinda rethinking it after reading some messages.

Also, we have looked at many of the condo's and I have read good and bad. I'm very confused. Just might fly out there rent and a car and go find a place that way. We did that in Turks and Caicos and stayed at the best place Point Grace with a walk in rate which was way cheaper than calling them or prebooking. Condo's I've looked into are Discovery Point Club, Plantana, Aqua Bay, Victoria House, London House. Please give me any info or tell me about any hidden treasures. I prefer a beach that is not rocky and is calm to wade around in. Not a strong swimmer. thanks everyone
Old Apr 1st, 2004, 09:25 AM

Of the condos you listed, Plantana is the best. Nice wide beach, good location yet still quiet. The beaches at the other places you mentioned are very eroded and rocky.
Old Apr 2nd, 2004, 03:48 AM

Definitely agree with Kristen. The beach at Plantana is the best, calm waters, beautiful sandy bottom and good snorkeling.
Old Apr 2nd, 2004, 09:23 AM
anonxx

I am surprised to hear that the London House beach is eroded and rocky. We stayed there two years ago and it was picture perfect in every way. Did a hurricane damage their beach area or are you mistaken about the London House? Can anyone confirm? Tom???

Old Apr 2nd, 2004, 09:32 AM

Actually, London House beach is okay. Not as good as Plantana but still fine.

I actually didn't notice it listed with others at first.