Reload this Page >

5 guests at Comfort Suites

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13th, 2002, 05:15 PM
Scot

We booked a room with two beds and a sofa at the Comfort Suites for our family. The site said that kids under 14 stay free. It did not say anything about a limited number of guests. Since booking, we have heard that they allow a max of 4 per room. Any truth to this? My concern is that I want to make sure that every member of the family gets a wrist band for Atlantis. Can anyone help?

Old Dec 13th, 2002, 05:37 PM
Scubagirl

You should contact Comfort Suites directly.. the 4 pass limit was initiated because cruise ship guests book a room for the day.. just to get access to the Atlantis.. and they don't want 20 people getting passes for a $150 room. <BR>Call Comfort Suites, explain your situation, and get the CORRECT answer. (242) 363-3680

Old Dec 14th, 2002, 06:15 AM
fyi

might also have to do with occupancy and codes. Cannot imagine five people staying in one hotel room no matter how much money you save unless it is a huge room!

Old Dec 14th, 2002, 08:44 AM
VeryCurious

5 people in 1 room? 1 bathroom?? where is everyone going to sleep in the dresser drawers?? I hope you are a family of dwarfs. How expensive can the Comfort Suites be that you cannot get 2 rooms that are connected???

Old Dec 14th, 2002, 10:16 AM
Scot

With a name like Comfort Suites, I assume the room is spacious, similar to an Embassy Suites. It has 2 beds and a pull out sofa in the seperate living area Our girls are 10, 7 and 2. I have heard the rooms are fairly large. Am I missing something?

Old Dec 14th, 2002, 11:11 AM
VeryCurious

Uhhh, Yeah you are missing something. All rooms in Comfort Suites 3 catergories allow 4 persons per room total. You can break that up any which way you want, but 4 human beings per room, regardless of size or weight. Just checked their website. And also just because it is called Comfort &quot;Suites&quot; does not mean it is more roomy than a Holiday Inn. Room size is relative, it is still 5 people in a small space with 1 BATHROOM!<BR><BR>You know what happens when you Ass u me

Old Dec 14th, 2002, 02:51 PM
PJ

If you booked the Comfort Suites in Nassau Bahamas, the room is NOT Big at all and there is no seperate sitting area. There is a small wall that is between the bedroom and sitting area but it is not like the Embassy Suites where you can close the bedroom door for privacy. The bathroom is small....in fact the room is just a standard room. It was just two of us sharing a room (my husband and myself) and it was barely enough room for us. I would not recommend sleeping 5 people in one room.

Old Dec 15th, 2002, 09:16 AM
Me2

Get real, folks. Who books a second room for 3 little kids? Didn't most of us grow up in households with one bathroom? I think most people are able to &quot;rough it&quot; for a week. Scot, just check with CS to make sure your 2-year old gets a wrist band to join the family! I can't imagine it would be a problem, especially if the site doesn't specifically state it.<BR>

Old Dec 15th, 2002, 09:40 AM
xxx

You book the second room for the parents. Roughing it is not vacation but others might be happy with the crowding. If the hotel doesn't allow 5 people in one room it is a moot point now, isn't it? Call the hotel!

Old Dec 16th, 2002, 03:39 AM
Alfred

I stayed at the Comfort Suites in June and had two connected rooms in the new section. You will not like the old section. The rooms really are big enough for five but it is not allowed. You can get a king that joins two queens at about $160.00 each. My mom stayed with my two children in the queens and the three of them had more than enough room. The view from the new section is of a parking lot but we saved a ton of cash. Two big rooms for less than the price of one small room enabled me to get my mom to the bahamas and have all the baby sitting i needed at night.

Old Dec 16th, 2002, 04:24 PM
Scot

I am getting a kick out of all of this banter. This is my first time on this board so this is all new to me. I'll try to get another room. Loved the trailer trash comment. We tried to book the Atlantis first but our travel agent said we could only get 4 per room and at $600 per night (peak season) X 2 was getting expensive for 5 days. Anyway, our travel agent said that The Comfort Suites Corporate Web site did not mention the person limit but I have since seen the limit on the Paradise Island site. The reason we considered the Comfort Suites in the first place was the high praise on this site. Thanks for the input... we, like the Griswolds are on a quest.