where can I find suite information?

Sep 25th, 2002, 02:14 PM
emma

where can I find suite information?

Does anyone know a good site with pix and descriptions of hotel suites. We are looking for a 2 br suite in San Fran (with a somewhatlimited budget - no four seasons )I can find lots of info and prices on general rooms, but NOTHING on the suites, and I don't want to call EVERY hotel in SF!

THanks

Sep 25th, 2002, 02:25 PM
Lawren

Check the Hilton.com website and ask for the "all chains" option. Hilton owns Doubletree, Embassy, Homewood Suites & Hampton Inn & Suites. ( My favorite being Homewood but they don't open in SF until Feb '03).

I'm sure you'll find something to suit your needs and budget with them.

Sep 25th, 2002, 05:38 PM
James

Emma: I have tried on dozens of occasions to find pix of suites. Only rarely have I been successful. At least 95% of the time, websitesonly show standard rooms.
Four Seasons is good about suite pix.
The big chains rarely even show actual room pix, just a generic "your room will look similar to this" pix.

That said, unless you want to break the bank, your best bet for budget "suites" in SF will be places like Embassy Suites, Extended Stay, Hampton Inn, etc.

Sep 26th, 2002, 06:14 AM
r-travels

What is a "suite" ??

Maybe Emma has the same question. I used to think of a suite as being roomS with separate sleeping room(s) from a living/dining room area. I've booked "suites" in the past few years that were no more than a room where they pulled out one of the beds and put in a sofa. To me, that's NOT a suite.

Hotels chains should all put diagrams of typical room layout to match the room descriptions.

Sep 26th, 2002, 06:17 AM
Marti

Travelocity has an option when you search for a hotel to indicate "all suites".

Sep 26th, 2002, 06:31 AM
Emma

A suite, by most definitions, is at least two separate rooms.
Not a junior suite, which cheap hotels define as a standard room plus a little couch in the corner.
Square footage is the best gauge IMO.
A suite of less than 500 sq ft. is not a suite (though in many parts of Europe 500 sq ft would be a Presidential Suite).